Fat Friday: Jay-Z, Air, Mika, Dizzee + Lily, Newton Faulkner, Stereophonics for 2009/ 2010 tours
Posted: 8th October 2009
It's been a little while seen we've seen one of these lesser-spotted fat-ass Fridays, but what we have here viewers is a perfect specimen [maybe they should feature on Stephen Fry's 'Last Chance to See'? - Ed].
Going on sale tomorrow morning (Friday 9th October), all of the events mentioned below will be on sale at 9AM unless specified - all prices + booking fee.
Jay-Z Rapper Jay-Z was last over in the UK just last month on the Coldplay tour, where he managed to squeeze a cheeky little Roundhouse gig in-between his tour commitments. Well, obviously he's feeling the London love, as the man is back next month at the Alexandra Palace on 4th November. Tickets cost £55.
Mika Also back with a new album is flamboyant singer/ songwriter Mika, whose 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' was released last month to general approval from public and critics alike. He is planning a "theatrical event" for his forthcoming February/ March 2010 UK tour, so expect big things! Amazingly, it's been over a year-and-a-half since the UK has had any Mika tour-action, and by the time of the 2010 events, it will be almost exactly two years since his last UK tour. Tickets for all dates are £25.
Newton Faulkner Currently in the midst of an autumn UK/ Ireland tour, singer/ songwriter Newton Faulkner's February/ March 2010 UK/ Ireland commitments have now been arranged, with the tour kicking-off in Belfast at the end of February and (currently) ending at the Hammersmith Apollo on 17th March. Newton's new album 'Rebuilt by Humans' was released last month.
Stereophonics With latest album 'Keep Calm and Carry On' (their seventh studio album) being released later next month, Stereophonics are set for a seven date March 2010 UK tour kicking-off at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena at the beginning of the month, ending at the O2 Arena in London on 10th March, with dates in Glasgow, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester and Sheffield in-between - but no Welsh dates as-yet. Tickets cost £35 for the London date, £30 for the others, with the Glasgow and Sheffield dates going on sale at 9AM, but the rest at 10AM.... don't ask us why!
Soulwax For the clubbing-minded, Soulwax have announced an extra "Soulwaxmas" Xmas UK date - this time in Manchester to join the Glasgow Braehead Arena date and sold-out Brixton Academy dates. The gig takes place at the Manchester Academy on 16th December with tickets costing £17.50. Expect high demand!
Frank Turner Former Million Dead singer/ songwriter Frank Turner hits the tour-bus again staring on 16th March 2010 at Edinburgh's PictureHouse, having spent a large part of 2009 on the road. The tour currently ends at London's Roundhouse on 24th March. Recent album 'Poetry of the Deed' received glowing reviews in the press, receiving a 4 star rating from our very own Paul Pledger. Tickets cost £12 for the regional dates, £14 for the London Roundhouse date.
- Fri 17th Jul 2020 Frank Turner The Watering Hole - Perranporth (Cornwall) Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Nov 2020 Newton Faulkner The Apex (Bury St Edmunds) Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Nov 2020 Newton Faulkner Holmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire) Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Nov 2020 Newton Faulkner The Live Rooms (Chester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Nov 2020 Newton Faulkner The Devils Arse/ Peak Cavern (Derbyshire) Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Nov 2020 Newton Faulkner De Valence (Tenby) Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Nov 2020 Newton Faulkner The Patti Pavilion (Swansea) Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th May 2021 The Bath Festival, Ali Campbell, Billy Ocean, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Twinnie, Seth Lakeman, Hannah Grace, Casey Lowry The Recreation Ground (Bath) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Jul 2021 Kaleidoscope Festival, Groove Armada, Fun Lovin' Criminals, House Gospel Choir, Norman Jay, DJ Greg Wilson, Reginald D Hunter, Ed Gamble, Phil Wang, Sophie Duker, Jayde Adams Alexandra Palace (London) Buy Tickets