Steve Martin to make UK debut this November - playing banjo with Steep Canyon Rangers
Posted: 8th October 2009
American funny-man, actor, writer, playwright, producer, musician (have I missed anything?) Steve Martin will mark his debut performance in the UK this November playing alongside bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers.
Playing at the Royal Festival Hall on 9th November, the Grammy award-winning musician (really!) will accompany North Carolina's award-nominated bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers, with support coming from Irish folk singer Mary Black - herself no stranger to awards - and with whom Martin collaborated for his latest album.
It seems that Steve has won awards in most of the fields with which he is associated: a lifetime achievement award for Comedy, an Emmy for writing 'The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour', three Grammys - two for comedy albums and one for his bluegrass instrumental album 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown'. Earlier this year, he released his fifth album 'The Crow: New Songs for the 5-String Banjo', featuring Dolly Parton, Vince Gill, Earl Scruggs, Tim O'Brien, Tony Trischka and Mary Black. The album went to the top of the bluegrass charts upon its release.
Tickets for the London date go on sale tomorrow morning (Friday 9th October) at 9AM, starting at £25 with limited concessions available.
- Fri 7th May 2021 Mary Black Olympia Theatre (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th May 2021 Mary Black INEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry) Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Jun 2021 Mary Black Vicar Street (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Sep 2021 Steve Martin, Martin Short Royal Albert Hall (Kensington) Buy Tickets
- Tue 28th Sep 2021 Steve Martin, Martin Short Royal Albert Hall (Kensington) Buy Tickets