Updated Jacobean Tale of Witchcraft Casts a Spell at The Courtyard, Autumn 2009
Unfairly or otherwise, the London district of Edmonton has recently carried a reputation for being a bit salty and dangerous. However, back in the early 17th century, the local residents and dignitaries saw fit to accuse a local old woman of witchcraft and subsequently had her executed. Rough justice? Judge for yourselves with the brand new modern adaptation of the original biographical account of this story originally written in 1621 by William Rowley, Thomas Dekker and John Ford.
Creative and imaginative theatre company Periwig and Monkey have updated the tale of devil dogs, witchcraft and murder-most-horrid, by employing in-house production and historical guru, Natasha Dawn. Her previous adaptations include "A Yorkshire Tragedy" and "A Debt to Pleasure" and she is also a historical interpreter for many London museums so, factually, this play should be spot-on. The venue certainly is - The attractive Courtyard complex in Pitfield Street, London.
Tickets cost £10 for the special previews being performed on the 20th and 21st of October, otherwise they will cost a still-reasonable £15 (£12 concessions) for the remaining performances running from 22nd October until 15th November (there are no Monday performances).
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Tue 7th May 2019 The MousetrapBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 5th Jan 2019 FoxfinderBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 A Guide for the HomesickBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 5th Jan 2019 SwitzerlandBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sun 31st Mar 2019 Witness for the ProsecutionBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 to Sat 20th Apr 2019 Girl On The TrainBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Mar 2019 to Mon 6th May 2019 The House On Cold HillBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Mar 2019 to Tue 7th May 2019 The Twilight ZoneBuy Tickets
- Mon 11th Mar 2019 to Sat 13th Apr 2019 The Lady VanishesBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 to Tue 7th May 2019 Ghost StoriesBuy Tickets