Hard Rock Cafe's Pinktober, featuring Fun Lovin' Criminals, Joss Stone, Mel C, The Law and more, Oct/ Nov 2009
Hard Rock's Pinktober 2009 series of gigs return for a highly anticipated third year as Hard Rock Cafe London hosts a special performance from NYC's 'funk soul brothers' Fun Lovin' Criminals, Hard Rock Edinburgh hosts The Law and the Royal Albert Hall plays host to "Women of Rock", featuring Mel C, Joss Stone, Bananarama and many more this October/ November.
Fun Lovin' Criminals hit the Hard Rock Café in London on 14th October, with guests Rosco, Scottish indie favourites The Law and Alto Elite play the Edinburgh Hard Rock Cafe the following day and the Royal Albert Hall hosts "Women of Rock" on 1st November.
Hard Rock International celebrates the month long initiative to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research, and this year¹s PINKTOBER is set to be a huge success, with more live shows to be announced soon!
2010 will see the return of Fun Lovin' Criminals as they prepare to release their first studio album in five years, and this exclusive live show will be the first time the new material is showcased.
Speaking about the Pinktober event, Fun Lovin' Criminals' lead singer Huey Morgan had this to say:
We are long time supporters of the Caron Keating Foundation, so are very proud to be playing Pinktober. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and I know first hand that getting screened is the most important thing a woman can do.
Headlining the Edinburgh Cafe, The Law take to the stage in the wake of the release of their debut album 'A Measure of Wealth' (released 28 September 2009). The first two singles taken from the album 'Don't Stop, Believe' and 'The Chase' gained wide spread radio support from the likes of BBC Radio 1, BBC 6Music, XFM, Forth FM etc.
Prolific live headline performers in their native Scotland, the band took this year's T In The Park festival by storm by drawing the biggest crowd of the weekend to the BBC Introducing Stage, where they were introduced by Radio 1 presenter Edith Bowman. Festival organisers were so impressed by their performance that when LadyHawke had to cancel her penultimate headline slot on the Futures stage they immediately approached The Law (who were camping onsite) to take her place.
Special guests on the night Alto Elite, who live, work, write and record on a farm in Scotland, have already stirred up a storm on the Scottish music scene. Having played with some of the hottest acts in the UK, the band have been picked by BBC Radio Scotland's Jim Gellatly as a hot tip for 2009 and have also been praised by Scotland's News of The World, declaring the Alto boys as this year's 'one to watch'.
Gloria Hunniford has this to say about the 2009 event:
I am so thrilled that Hard Rock Cafe has chosen to support the Caron Keating Foundation again. We are very much a family run organisation, and as Caron's mother, it is my privilege to administrate the Foundation with our only expense being a part-time secretary. We give grants to cancer charities of all types and knowing we are doing this in Caron's name, is part of my own healing. Within our family, we have all in our working lives been involved in the music industry. Caron used to present a television rock programme as well as hosting occasionally 'Top of the Pops' and I know, she would truly approve of PINKTOBER and how many people dealing with cancer will be helped through your efforts in raising money.
For the third year running, funds raised in the UK will be donated to the Caron Keating Foundation, which offers financial support and grants to all types of cancer charities, professional carers, complimentary healing practitioners, as well as individuals and families who are affected by the disease.
Proudly celebrating a decade dedicated to supporting breast cancer awareness and research, this year Hard Rock's PINKTOBER presents their Women of Rock charity gala event. Scheduled for 1st November at the Royal Albert Hall in London, the concert will stage exclusive performances from some of the foremost females in modern pop music, including Melanie C, Joss Stone, Bananarama, Jamelia, Bonnie Tyler, Escala, Sharon Corr and Tulisa (N-Dubz), plus the leading ladies from the West End hit theatre show Mamma Mia.
Beginning in early September, Hard Rock's PINKTOBER merchandise will be sold at Hard Rock properties worldwide, including Cafes, Hotels, Casinos and on www.hardrock.com .
Proceeds from the sale of special limited-edition 2009 Hard Rock's PINKTOBER merchandise will benefit The Caron Keating Foundation (UK only) and other local breast cancer related charities, with 75% of the retail price of each pin and 15% of the retail price of each t-shirt and key-chain sold going directly to the cause.
Tickets for the 2009 events cost: £25 for the Fun Lovin' Criminals' London gig, £10 for The Law in Edinburgh and £35 for the "Women of Rock" Royal Albert Hall show - all prices + booking fee, on sale now. Watch this space for more announcements!
You may be interested in
- Wed 26th Jun 2019 Open Jam Sessions [Troubadour]The Troubadour Club (London)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Jun 2019 and Wed 24th Jul 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 Strictly Hampshire: Katya Jones, Fundraising Event - Strictly for CharityO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 Based On A True Story Cinema, Fundraising Event: Planes, Trains and AutomobilesGiardino (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 Laugh Till It Hurts, Adam Buxton, Jeff Innocent, Scott Capur...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Cancer Research UKThe Camden Assembly (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Giggle Aid, Ed Gamble, The Scummy Mummies Show, Daliso Chapo...Indigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Jul 2019 Mall Grab, Fundraising Event: Brame and Hamo MS Fundraiser TourYES (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestRoute 44 (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Aug 2019 Summerchime: Children with Cancer UK, Liam Payne, All Saints, Louisa John...Chiswick House (Chiswick)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, Vice Squad, Knock OffMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, GBH, Drongos For EuropeMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, TV SmithMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Shackerstone FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Sep 2019 and Sun 22nd Sep 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildBuy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Cardiff Mod and Ska FestivalTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Macmillan Cancer Support, Oceans Ate Alaska, Our Hollow, Our...The Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Sep 2019 Martin Carthy, Wizz Jones, Fundraising Event: MNDA FundraiserThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Nov 2019 Mosh For Fuck Cancer: Falling Red, Fundraising EventThe Brickyard (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 Brian and Robin’s Christmas Compendium, Professor Bria...Eventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Jan 2020 Beat the StreetsVarious Nottingham Venues (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Feb 2020 Sunday For SammyUtilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets