Hard Rock Cafe's Pinktober, featuring Fun Lovin' Criminals, Joss Stone, Mel C, The Law and more, Oct/ Nov 2009
Hard Rock's Pinktober 2009 series of gigs return for a highly anticipated third year as Hard Rock Cafe London hosts a special performance from NYC's 'funk soul brothers' Fun Lovin' Criminals, Hard Rock Edinburgh hosts The Law and the Royal Albert Hall plays host to "Women of Rock", featuring Mel C, Joss Stone, Bananarama and many more this October/ November.
Fun Lovin' Criminals hit the Hard Rock Café in London on 14th October, with guests Rosco, Scottish indie favourites The Law and Alto Elite play the Edinburgh Hard Rock Cafe the following day and the Royal Albert Hall hosts "Women of Rock" on 1st November.
Hard Rock International celebrates the month long initiative to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research, and this year¹s PINKTOBER is set to be a huge success, with more live shows to be announced soon!
2010 will see the return of Fun Lovin' Criminals as they prepare to release their first studio album in five years, and this exclusive live show will be the first time the new material is showcased.
Speaking about the Pinktober event, Fun Lovin' Criminals' lead singer Huey Morgan had this to say:
We are long time supporters of the Caron Keating Foundation, so are very proud to be playing Pinktober. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and I know first hand that getting screened is the most important thing a woman can do.
Headlining the Edinburgh Cafe, The Law take to the stage in the wake of the release of their debut album 'A Measure of Wealth' (released 28 September 2009). The first two singles taken from the album 'Don't Stop, Believe' and 'The Chase' gained wide spread radio support from the likes of BBC Radio 1, BBC 6Music, XFM, Forth FM etc.
Prolific live headline performers in their native Scotland, the band took this year's T In The Park festival by storm by drawing the biggest crowd of the weekend to the BBC Introducing Stage, where they were introduced by Radio 1 presenter Edith Bowman. Festival organisers were so impressed by their performance that when LadyHawke had to cancel her penultimate headline slot on the Futures stage they immediately approached The Law (who were camping onsite) to take her place.
Special guests on the night Alto Elite, who live, work, write and record on a farm in Scotland, have already stirred up a storm on the Scottish music scene. Having played with some of the hottest acts in the UK, the band have been picked by BBC Radio Scotland's Jim Gellatly as a hot tip for 2009 and have also been praised by Scotland's News of The World, declaring the Alto boys as this year's 'one to watch'.
Gloria Hunniford has this to say about the 2009 event:
I am so thrilled that Hard Rock Cafe has chosen to support the Caron Keating Foundation again. We are very much a family run organisation, and as Caron's mother, it is my privilege to administrate the Foundation with our only expense being a part-time secretary. We give grants to cancer charities of all types and knowing we are doing this in Caron's name, is part of my own healing. Within our family, we have all in our working lives been involved in the music industry. Caron used to present a television rock programme as well as hosting occasionally 'Top of the Pops' and I know, she would truly approve of PINKTOBER and how many people dealing with cancer will be helped through your efforts in raising money.
For the third year running, funds raised in the UK will be donated to the Caron Keating Foundation, which offers financial support and grants to all types of cancer charities, professional carers, complimentary healing practitioners, as well as individuals and families who are affected by the disease.
Proudly celebrating a decade dedicated to supporting breast cancer awareness and research, this year Hard Rock's PINKTOBER presents their Women of Rock charity gala event. Scheduled for 1st November at the Royal Albert Hall in London, the concert will stage exclusive performances from some of the foremost females in modern pop music, including Melanie C, Joss Stone, Bananarama, Jamelia, Bonnie Tyler, Escala, Sharon Corr and Tulisa (N-Dubz), plus the leading ladies from the West End hit theatre show Mamma Mia.
Beginning in early September, Hard Rock's PINKTOBER merchandise will be sold at Hard Rock properties worldwide, including Cafes, Hotels, Casinos and on www.hardrock.com .
Proceeds from the sale of special limited-edition 2009 Hard Rock's PINKTOBER merchandise will benefit The Caron Keating Foundation (UK only) and other local breast cancer related charities, with 75% of the retail price of each pin and 15% of the retail price of each t-shirt and key-chain sold going directly to the cause.
Tickets for the 2009 events cost: £25 for the Fun Lovin' Criminals' London gig, £10 for The Law in Edinburgh and £35 for the "Women of Rock" Royal Albert Hall show - all prices + booking fee, on sale now. Watch this space for more announcements!
You may be interested in
- Wed 21st Aug 2019 and Wed 18th Sep 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, Vice Squad, Knock OffMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, GBH, Drongos For EuropeMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, TV SmithMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Aug 2019 War Child, Sundara KarmaEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Aug 2019 Insecure Men, Fundraising EventThe Lexington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Shackerstone FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Sep 2019 to Sun 3rd Nov 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Sep 2019 War Child, Stefflon DonEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Cardiff Mod and Ska FestivalTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Macmillan Cancer Support, Oceans Ate Alaska, Our Hollow, Our...The Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Teenage Cancer TrustTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Sep 2019 St Paul's Adventure Playground Fundraiser, Roni Size, DJ Die...St Paul's Adventure Playground (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Sep 2019 Martin Carthy, Wizz Jones, Fundraising Event: MNDA FundraiserThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Jessie Buckley, Fundraising EventVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, Frank TurnerWedgewood Rooms/ Edge of the Wedge (Southsea)More Info..
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, Scouting for GirlsTrinity Bar (Harrow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, SigalaThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, LouiseOmeara (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th Oct 2019 Levellers, Dodgy, Mind [charity]London Palladium (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Oct 2019 and Tue 29th Oct 2019 Funeral for a Friend, Fundraising Event: Stuart Brothers family fund-raiserMore Info..
- Fri 8th Nov 2019 Young Minds [charity]Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Nov 2019 Macmillan Fest: Macmillan Cancer SupportThe Fleece (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Nov 2019 Mosh For Fuck Cancer: Falling Red, Fundraising EventThe Brickyard (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Nov 2019 Cancer Research UK, Macmillan Cancer Support: featuring No Remorse, Riffler and Junkyard FourMarehay Miners Welfare - Ripley (Derbyshire)More Info..
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 Brian and Robin’s Christmas Compendium, Professor Bria...Eventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jan 2020 Steve Knightley, Grace Petrie, Fundraising EventThe Lion Hotel (Shrewsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Jan 2020 to Sat 1st Aug 2020 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Sun 26th Jan 2020 Beat the StreetsVarious Nottingham Venues (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Feb 2020 Sunday For SammyUtilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets