Hard Rock Cafe's Pinktober, featuring Fun Lovin' Criminals, Joss Stone, Mel C, The Law and more, Oct/ Nov 2009
Hard Rock's Pinktober 2009 series of gigs return for a highly anticipated third year as Hard Rock Cafe London hosts a special performance from NYC's 'funk soul brothers' Fun Lovin' Criminals, Hard Rock Edinburgh hosts The Law and the Royal Albert Hall plays host to "Women of Rock", featuring Mel C, Joss Stone, Bananarama and many more this October/ November.
Fun Lovin' Criminals hit the Hard Rock Café in London on 14th October, with guests Rosco, Scottish indie favourites The Law and Alto Elite play the Edinburgh Hard Rock Cafe the following day and the Royal Albert Hall hosts "Women of Rock" on 1st November.
Hard Rock International celebrates the month long initiative to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research, and this year¹s PINKTOBER is set to be a huge success, with more live shows to be announced soon!
2010 will see the return of Fun Lovin' Criminals as they prepare to release their first studio album in five years, and this exclusive live show will be the first time the new material is showcased.
Speaking about the Pinktober event, Fun Lovin' Criminals' lead singer Huey Morgan had this to say:
We are long time supporters of the Caron Keating Foundation, so are very proud to be playing Pinktober. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and I know first hand that getting screened is the most important thing a woman can do.
Headlining the Edinburgh Cafe, The Law take to the stage in the wake of the release of their debut album 'A Measure of Wealth' (released 28 September 2009). The first two singles taken from the album 'Don't Stop, Believe' and 'The Chase' gained wide spread radio support from the likes of BBC Radio 1, BBC 6Music, XFM, Forth FM etc.
Prolific live headline performers in their native Scotland, the band took this year's T In The Park festival by storm by drawing the biggest crowd of the weekend to the BBC Introducing Stage, where they were introduced by Radio 1 presenter Edith Bowman. Festival organisers were so impressed by their performance that when LadyHawke had to cancel her penultimate headline slot on the Futures stage they immediately approached The Law (who were camping onsite) to take her place.
Special guests on the night Alto Elite, who live, work, write and record on a farm in Scotland, have already stirred up a storm on the Scottish music scene. Having played with some of the hottest acts in the UK, the band have been picked by BBC Radio Scotland's Jim Gellatly as a hot tip for 2009 and have also been praised by Scotland's News of The World, declaring the Alto boys as this year's 'one to watch'.
Gloria Hunniford has this to say about the 2009 event:
I am so thrilled that Hard Rock Cafe has chosen to support the Caron Keating Foundation again. We are very much a family run organisation, and as Caron's mother, it is my privilege to administrate the Foundation with our only expense being a part-time secretary. We give grants to cancer charities of all types and knowing we are doing this in Caron's name, is part of my own healing. Within our family, we have all in our working lives been involved in the music industry. Caron used to present a television rock programme as well as hosting occasionally 'Top of the Pops' and I know, she would truly approve of PINKTOBER and how many people dealing with cancer will be helped through your efforts in raising money.
For the third year running, funds raised in the UK will be donated to the Caron Keating Foundation, which offers financial support and grants to all types of cancer charities, professional carers, complimentary healing practitioners, as well as individuals and families who are affected by the disease.
Proudly celebrating a decade dedicated to supporting breast cancer awareness and research, this year Hard Rock's PINKTOBER presents their Women of Rock charity gala event. Scheduled for 1st November at the Royal Albert Hall in London, the concert will stage exclusive performances from some of the foremost females in modern pop music, including Melanie C, Joss Stone, Bananarama, Jamelia, Bonnie Tyler, Escala, Sharon Corr and Tulisa (N-Dubz), plus the leading ladies from the West End hit theatre show Mamma Mia.
Beginning in early September, Hard Rock's PINKTOBER merchandise will be sold at Hard Rock properties worldwide, including Cafes, Hotels, Casinos and on www.hardrock.com .
Proceeds from the sale of special limited-edition 2009 Hard Rock's PINKTOBER merchandise will benefit The Caron Keating Foundation (UK only) and other local breast cancer related charities, with 75% of the retail price of each pin and 15% of the retail price of each t-shirt and key-chain sold going directly to the cause.
Tickets for the 2009 events cost: £25 for the Fun Lovin' Criminals' London gig, £10 for The Law in Edinburgh and £35 for the "Women of Rock" Royal Albert Hall show - all prices + booking fee, on sale now. Watch this space for more announcements!
You may be interested in
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 and Sun 24th Mar 2019 War ChildBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 Mo Gilligan, Fundraising EventO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Dec 2018 George Ezra and Friends: George Ezra, Mind [charity]Union Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 Romesh Ranganathan, CALM [charity]: Hip Hop Saved My LifeIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Streets of London, Ellie Goulding, Dua Lipa, Bastille, Mabel...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 to Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Thu 28th Feb 2019 Comic Relief Spectacular: Comic Relief, Alan Carr, Catherine Tate, Jimmy Carr, John Bi...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 Graham Mackie, Fundraising EventThe Flying Duck (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Mar 2019 and Thu 21st Mar 2019 Voice in a MillionBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Rudimental, GhettsRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Take ThatRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, DovesRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, The ScriptRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 31st Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Levellers: A Beautiful Night OutRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Apr 2019 Aled Jones, Fundraising EventRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 Comedy 4 ChristiesThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets