Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck for special O2 Arena date, February 2010
Posted: 27th September 2009
A seeming vacuum for guitar talent, The Yardbirds' original line-up featured Eric Clapton in its second incarnation, replacement Jeff Beck in its third incarnation, who, in the band's fourth incarnation was joined by Jimmy Paige, no less - who later took the lead guitar mantle from Beck in 1966 for the band's fifth incarnation. The arrival of singer Robert Plant, bass player John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham in 1968 would set the band on another legendary journey to Led Zeppelin... but that's another story.
Back to Eric and Jeff: for the first time ever on a UK stage, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck will play together, performing retrospective sets in their own right, before combining for a joint performance. The pair played together in Japan earlier in the year, with the both of them seemingly enjoying themselves at Saitama, Jeff Beck proclaiming : "we had a blast".
Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Monday 28th September) at 9AM, costing £60 + booking fee.
VIP packages are now available for both dates, costing £350, which include:
- prime concert seat in top-price seating block
- 1 hour pre-show reception in backstage bar: unlimited beer, quality wines and soft drinks
- hospitality menu of canapes and hot bowl food
- dessert canapes and further drinks served during the interval
- guests may return to hospitality area for coffee post-show
- souvenir programme (one per two guests)
- souvenir wallet, laminated pass, event information card