Flamenco Without Frontiers - Paco Peña Set to Pack Them in at Sadler's Wells, September, 2009
Francisco Peña Perez, otherwise known as Flamenco maestro Paco Peña, returns to London's Islington cultural mecca, Sadler's Wells for a short run of performances entitled, "Flamenco Sin Fronteras". This exclusive UK and world premiere starts on Tuesday September 1st and runs until Saturday September 5th and tickets start at £10, ranging to £38.
This amazing performer, writer and erstwhile champion of the flamenco guitar, brings a production designed to explore the many aspects of this beautiful dance and culture, made all the more captivating with the mix of Spanish and Latin-American influences highlighted around the turn of the century. Venezuelan dancers and several musicians plus Peña's own company will perform an energetic and engaging fiesta of colour and dance, drawing sights and sounds from both sides of the Atlantic. One of his previous shows, "Voce Y Ecos" at the Peacock Theatre, was met with rapturous acclaim in 2002.
Consider this for coolness - Peña introduced the first University course for flamenco at Rotterdam Uni. So, expect a finite attention to detail and the passion of this unique and popular way of life. This will truly be flamenco without frontiers.
You may be interested in
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Wychwood Festival, Gipsy Kings, The Go! Team, Field Music, S...Cheltenham Racecourse (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Eduardo NieblaSt John's Chapel (Chichester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 A Boundless Summer, Gipsy KingsBorde Hill Gardens (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Jul 2018 to Sun 22nd Jul 2018 Gipsy KingsBuy Tickets
- Wed 11th Jul 2018 Kew the Music, Gipsy Kings, The AmericansKew Gardens (Richmond upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - In ConcertBuy Tickets