Flamenco Without Frontiers - Paco Peña Set to Pack Them in at Sadler's Wells, September, 2009
Francisco Peña Perez, otherwise known as Flamenco maestro Paco Peña, returns to London's Islington cultural mecca, Sadler's Wells for a short run of performances entitled, "Flamenco Sin Fronteras". This exclusive UK and world premiere starts on Tuesday September 1st and runs until Saturday September 5th and tickets start at £10, ranging to £38.
This amazing performer, writer and erstwhile champion of the flamenco guitar, brings a production designed to explore the many aspects of this beautiful dance and culture, made all the more captivating with the mix of Spanish and Latin-American influences highlighted around the turn of the century. Venezuelan dancers and several musicians plus Peña's own company will perform an energetic and engaging fiesta of colour and dance, drawing sights and sounds from both sides of the Atlantic. One of his previous shows, "Voce Y Ecos" at the Peacock Theatre, was met with rapturous acclaim in 2002.
Consider this for coolness - Peña introduced the first University course for flamenco at Rotterdam Uni. So, expect a finite attention to detail and the passion of this unique and popular way of life. This will truly be flamenco without frontiers.
You may be interested in
- Thu 13th Jun 2019 Flamenco ExpressThe Brunswick (Hove)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 Live at Chelsea, Gipsy KingsThe Royal Hospital (Chelsea)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Jun 2019 Eduardo NieblaSt John's Chapel (Chichester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Jun 2019 John EtheridgeThe Lantern (Halifax)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Jul 2019 to Sun 7th Jul 2019 Ballet Flamenco Sara BarasBuy Tickets
- Tue 9th Jul 2019 Rocio MolinaSadler's Wells (Clerkenwell)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Jul 2019 Olga PericetSadler's Wells (Clerkenwell)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Jul 2019 The Summer Series, RosalíaSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2019 and Thu 15th Aug 2019 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - In ConcertBuy Tickets
- Wed 30th Oct 2019 Philip Glass Ensemble, Philip GlassBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets