Gay Pride and No Prejudice for Jane Austen's Guide to Pornography!
Picture the scene - you're a gay pornographic playwright and you have lost your muse and imagination. What do you do? Go and buy some explicit publications from the local 'book-shop'? Take a trip to a peep-show and gain inspiration from sweaty, naked bodies? Nah....... start an imaginary relationship with England's most strait-laced of novelists, Jane Austen? Perfect. That's bound to arouse a new novel title isn't it? 'Shag & Shagability' anyone?
To find out how on earth this unlikely partnership could possibly work, you need to head down to Theatre 503 @ The Latchmere, Battersea to watch the longest-running gay theatre troupe in Australia, Out Cast, enlighten your eyes and bring a blush to your cheeks with their spicy production, "Jane Austen's Guide to Pornography". It runs from Sep 2nd to 12th on a nightly basis and there are additional matinees on Sat 5th and 12th.
Out Cast presented "Butt-Boy & Tigger" at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2008 and writer Steven Dawson is delighted to bring his bawdy take on a classic character to South London. Watch as Austen loses all sense of sensibilities during the story as "Marianne gets rogered rigid and Darcy sodomizes stableboys". I don't remember my English Literature O Level being like that (OK, Darcy's first name was Fitzwilliam....)! Anyway, the Latchmere / 503 prides itself on provocative productions so you should know what to expect - probably best not to take the kids.
Tickets cost £10 - The Latchmere is situated at the corner of Battersea Park Rd and Battersea Bridge.
You may be interested in
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Mon 8th Apr 2019 Joe Lycett: I'm About To Lose Control And I Think Joe LycettBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Tue 13th Nov 2018 Circus of HorrorsBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Sun 30th Sep 2018 Paul SinhaBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Thu 26th Jul 2018 Tom AllenBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 The Chocolate MenBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 and Fri 27th Apr 2018 Horse Meat DiscoBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Burlesque ShowWorthing Pier (Worthing)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 OUT [club]Fire/ Protocol (Vauxhall)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Fri 27th Apr 2018 Stephen Bailey: Can't Think StraightBuy Tickets
- Mon 26th Feb 2018 Hooray For HollywoodThe Orchard Theatre (Dartford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 Rail Ale TrailBuy Tickets
- Sun 11th Mar 2018 to Fri 6th Apr 2018 Scott AgnewBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 The DreamboysBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 to Thu 22nd Mar 2018 Joan BaezBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Tom Allen, Glasgow International Comedy FestivalCitizens Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Sandi Toksvig, Fundraising EventAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 to Sat 5th May 2018 Miss NightingaleBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Paul Sinha: Shout Out to My ExThe Stand Comedy Club (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Scott AgnewBlackfriars (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Apr 2018 Scott Agnew, Eddy BrimsonBasement Theatre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Apr 2018 to Thu 21st Jun 2018 My Dad Wrote a Porno - LiveBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 and Sat 21st Apr 2018 Scott Agnew, Jayde AdamsBuy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 to Sun 20th May 2018 One Woman Sex and The CityBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Love Saves The Day, Fatboy Slim, Horse Meat Disco, Just Jack...Eastville Park (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 to Mon 11th Jun 2018 Courtney ActBuy Tickets