Oxfam's Oxjam Takeover set for October 2009
The official line from Oxfam regarding this year's exciting Oxjam events starts thus: "This is Oxfam's month-long music festival with a difference: you make it happen. Each year hundreds of music-lovers like you get involved, all across the UK, to raise money for Oxfam by holding their own events. Oxjam will take place once more across the UK in October 2009". A worthy statement for a very worthy cause and something during which YOU can get make happen, as well as watching the events unfurl. Log on to www.oxfam.org.uk/get_involved for further details.
Meanwhile, Oxjam already has several events confirmed around the UK including Brighton, Cardiff (Takeover) and Manchester (Takeover).
Brighton is hosting a few Oxjam events including a Battle Of The Bands competition on 20th October at the Hector's House venue - 6 bands will be giving their all for the crowd in order to win the coveted prize of the night - Brighton's Best Band. Then on the 23rd there is a blues night at the city's Loft venue.
But it's Manchester and Cardiff where the 'Oxjam Takeover' projects will take place. In Manchester, the entire Northern Quarter will be engulfed by several events that will highlight local artistic talent plus various performances for all the family with food and drink provided by local cafes and bars. The date for your diary is October 25th for the big day, however there will be other events announced in the run up to the 'Takeover' including a Hip-Hop Challenge on the 9th (venue tbc). www.oxjammanchester.org is the place to click on for updates. The Oct 25th takeover costs £7 which buys a wristband for admission to related events (tickets below).
The Welsh capital is also getting on board with a veritable menu of delights - Cardiff's big 'Takeover' takes place on October 11th and includes a Welsh-language bands' night at Clwb Ifor Bach, a Hip-Hop event at Toucan as well as a roots gig at Dempseys and another set of performances by The Screenbeats and more at Y Fuwch Goch. The cost of your wristband for the 'Takeover' in Womanby Street in the city is £8 - available now.
If you can't wait that long to help Oxfam then Glasgow sees the popular "Ceilidh In The Buff" return to the Buff Club on September 5th for an evening of traditional Scottish music and convivial merriment. Tickets cost just £10 and are available now (see below).
You may be interested in
- Sat 26th Jan 2019 Milk Teeth, Fundraising EventElsewhere (Margate)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th Jan 2019 Beat the Streets, The Mocking Jays, The Hip Priests, Lacey, ...Various Nottingham Venues (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 31st Jan 2019 Stand Up To Cancer, Ed Harcourt, Tom Smith [Editors], She Dr...Union Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Feb 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildThe Camden Assembly (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 to Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Feb 2019 J-Dilla Changed My LifeJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Feb 2019 Comic Relief Spectacular: Comic Relief, Alan Carr, Catherine Tate, Jimmy Carr, John Bi...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 Graham Mackie, Fundraising EventThe Flying Duck (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Mar 2019 Simon SaysJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Mar 2019 Paddy's Night in Support of Comic Relief, Tommy Tiernan, Pat...3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Mar 2019 and Thu 21st Mar 2019 Voice in a MillionBuy Tickets
- Sun 24th Mar 2019 Rising in Support of War Child, War ChildThe Camden Assembly (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Mar 2019 The Great Escape: Dan Snow, Fundraising EventEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Rudimental, GhettsRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Tom GrennanRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Take ThatRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, DovesRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 and Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, The ScriptRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 31st Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Levellers: A Beautiful Night OutRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Apr 2019 Laugh Till It Hurts, Tony Law, Matt Forde, Arthur Smith, Pau...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Apr 2019 Aled Jones, Fundraising EventRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 Comedy 4 ChristiesThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 to Sun 5th May 2019 Teddy RocksBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets