Oxfam's Oxjam Takeover set for October 2009
The official line from Oxfam regarding this year's exciting Oxjam events starts thus: "This is Oxfam's month-long music festival with a difference: you make it happen. Each year hundreds of music-lovers like you get involved, all across the UK, to raise money for Oxfam by holding their own events. Oxjam will take place once more across the UK in October 2009". A worthy statement for a very worthy cause and something during which YOU can get make happen, as well as watching the events unfurl. Log on to www.oxfam.org.uk/get_involved for further details.
Meanwhile, Oxjam already has several events confirmed around the UK including Brighton, Cardiff (Takeover) and Manchester (Takeover).
Brighton is hosting a few Oxjam events including a Battle Of The Bands competition on 20th October at the Hector's House venue - 6 bands will be giving their all for the crowd in order to win the coveted prize of the night - Brighton's Best Band. Then on the 23rd there is a blues night at the city's Loft venue.
But it's Manchester and Cardiff where the 'Oxjam Takeover' projects will take place. In Manchester, the entire Northern Quarter will be engulfed by several events that will highlight local artistic talent plus various performances for all the family with food and drink provided by local cafes and bars. The date for your diary is October 25th for the big day, however there will be other events announced in the run up to the 'Takeover' including a Hip-Hop Challenge on the 9th (venue tbc). www.oxjammanchester.org is the place to click on for updates. The Oct 25th takeover costs £7 which buys a wristband for admission to related events (tickets below).
The Welsh capital is also getting on board with a veritable menu of delights - Cardiff's big 'Takeover' takes place on October 11th and includes a Welsh-language bands' night at Clwb Ifor Bach, a Hip-Hop event at Toucan as well as a roots gig at Dempseys and another set of performances by The Screenbeats and more at Y Fuwch Goch. The cost of your wristband for the 'Takeover' in Womanby Street in the city is £8 - available now.
If you can't wait that long to help Oxfam then Glasgow sees the popular "Ceilidh In The Buff" return to the Buff Club on September 5th for an evening of traditional Scottish music and convivial merriment. Tickets cost just £10 and are available now (see below).
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 BRITs Week: Ed Sheeran, War ChildIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Cancer Research UKShipping Forecast (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Russell Kane, Comic ReliefThe Y Theatre (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Benefit gig for Ricky Ricketts: Groove Armada - DJ Set, Orbital, Freestylers, The Herbaliser...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Sat 16th Jun 2018 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 Natalie Imbruglia, Eli 'Paperboy' Reed, Joy Crookes, Fundrai...: Ethiopiad FundraiserBush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 Ivo Graham, Danny Posthill, Fundraising EventAspire (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 Stand Up For Shelter, Shappi Khorsandi, Paul Chowdhry, Mo Gi...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Mar 2018 and Thu 15th Mar 2018 Voice in a MillionBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 Paddy's Night in Support of Comic Relief, Tommy Tiernan, Dei...3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Mar 2018 and Sat 24th Mar 2018 Fundraising EventBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, Ali CampbellRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Mar 2018 Miles Jupp, Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Fundraisi...Citizens Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, Russell HowardRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Sandi Toksvig, Fundraising EventAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, Nile Rodgers, ChicRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, Roger DaltreyRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, The Courteeners: St JudeRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, KasabianRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)More Info..
- Sun 25th Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, Def LeppardRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Mar 2018 Marillion, Howard Jones, Fundraising Event: Benefit Concert for Earthly MessengerFriars (Aylesbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 and Sun 27th May 2018 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Thu 5th Apr 2018 Gallipoli World Peace Concert: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Fundraising EventCadogan Hall (Kensington and Chelsea)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Apr 2018 Mostly Autumn, Fundraising Event, FreewayThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th May 2018 Teddy Rocks, MC Lars, Woes, Blurd, StereoironicsCharisworth Farm - Blandford (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 Teddy Rocks, Feeder, Mallory Knox, Eliza and the Bear, Devil...Charisworth Farm - Blandford (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 Teddy Rocks, Ash, The Magic Numbers, InMe, Sonic Boom Six, T...Charisworth Farm - Blandford (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Thu 10th May 2018 Nathan Moore, Owen Paul, Electro 80s, Fundraising EventPyramid/ Parr Hall (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Jun 2018 Laugh Till It Hurts, Terry AldertonLeicester Square Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Vice Squad, Chron Gen, Abrasive Wheels, Anti-Pasti, Macmilla...Warehouse 23 (Wakefield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Wings and WheelsDunsfold Aerodrome (Surrey)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Macmillan Cancer SupportThe Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets