Oxfam's Oxjam Takeover set for October 2009
The official line from Oxfam regarding this year's exciting Oxjam events starts thus: "This is Oxfam's month-long music festival with a difference: you make it happen. Each year hundreds of music-lovers like you get involved, all across the UK, to raise money for Oxfam by holding their own events. Oxjam will take place once more across the UK in October 2009". A worthy statement for a very worthy cause and something during which YOU can get make happen, as well as watching the events unfurl. Log on to www.oxfam.org.uk/get_involved for further details.
Meanwhile, Oxjam already has several events confirmed around the UK including Brighton, Cardiff (Takeover) and Manchester (Takeover).
Brighton is hosting a few Oxjam events including a Battle Of The Bands competition on 20th October at the Hector's House venue - 6 bands will be giving their all for the crowd in order to win the coveted prize of the night - Brighton's Best Band. Then on the 23rd there is a blues night at the city's Loft venue.
But it's Manchester and Cardiff where the 'Oxjam Takeover' projects will take place. In Manchester, the entire Northern Quarter will be engulfed by several events that will highlight local artistic talent plus various performances for all the family with food and drink provided by local cafes and bars. The date for your diary is October 25th for the big day, however there will be other events announced in the run up to the 'Takeover' including a Hip-Hop Challenge on the 9th (venue tbc). www.oxjammanchester.org is the place to click on for updates. The Oct 25th takeover costs £7 which buys a wristband for admission to related events (tickets below).
The Welsh capital is also getting on board with a veritable menu of delights - Cardiff's big 'Takeover' takes place on October 11th and includes a Welsh-language bands' night at Clwb Ifor Bach, a Hip-Hop event at Toucan as well as a roots gig at Dempseys and another set of performances by The Screenbeats and more at Y Fuwch Goch. The cost of your wristband for the 'Takeover' in Womanby Street in the city is £8 - available now.
If you can't wait that long to help Oxfam then Glasgow sees the popular "Ceilidh In The Buff" return to the Buff Club on September 5th for an evening of traditional Scottish music and convivial merriment. Tickets cost just £10 and are available now (see below).
You may be interested in
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 Laugh Till It HurtsLeicester Square Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Hocus Pocus: Screening, Fundraising EventThe Boiler Shop Stephenson Works (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Musicians Against HomelessnessHeadway Artspace - Blyth (Northumberland)Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Nov 2018 BBC Children In Need Rocks, George Ezra, Jess Glynne, Nile R...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 and Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Roar With LaughterEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Giggle AidFrog and Bucket Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 Muse, The Prince's TrustRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 Laugh Till It Hurts, Stephen Grant, Joe Wilkinson, Sally-Ann...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 BRAINWAVES: Mind [charity]Gullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 to Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets