Celebration of Life: Maxi Priest, Carleen Anderson, YolanDa Brown and more celebrate Black History Month 2009
Posted: 3rd August 2009
Life eh? Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's bad and when you are in the middle of watching a movie starring Martin Lawrence it's sometimes hard not to just drop to the ground and commit seppuku. So the big question is this; is it worth a celebration?
Of course it is you ruddy fools. Partly because Martin Lawrence seems to be closer to total obscurity now but mainly because of the excellent guys at the Metropolitan Black Police Association who have taken over the Southbank Centre in London's Royal Festival Hall to host the Celebration Of Life as part of Black History Month.
The Annual festival has been a success each year with big names performing to financially support and help raise awareness for the Metropolitan Black Police Association's anti- violence initiative Revival and this year is no exception with Reggae legend Maxi Priest performing as well as 2008 MOBO winner YolanDa Brown, Carleen Anderson and the fantastic London Community Gospel Choir.
The show begins at 7.30pm on Friday 16th October. It promises to be a great night of entertainment as well as a great show to raise the profile for a group dedicated to putting an end to gun and knife crime in London and the UK.
- Mon 26th Oct 2020 Yolanda's Band Jam: YolanDa Brown Redgrave Theatre (Clifton) Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Oct 2020 Yolanda's Band Jam: YolanDa Brown Old Rep Theatre (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Oct 2020 Yolanda's Band Jam: YolanDa Brown The Stoller Hall (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Oct 2020 Yolanda's Band Jam: YolanDa Brown Nottingham Arts Theatre (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Oct 2020 Yolanda's Band Jam: YolanDa Brown Shaw Theatre (Kings Cross) Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Nov 2020 Yolanda's Band Jam: YolanDa Brown The Old Market (Hove) Buy Tickets