Biffy Clyro 'That Golden Rule' single for 24th August 2009 release
Posted: 30th July 2009
Biffy Clyro, one of the foremost and influential rock bands in the UK right now, have announced that they will be releasing a brand new single, 'That Golden Rule', on 24 August through 14th Floor Records. The single is taken from their highly anticipated forthcoming new album - as yet untitled - due to be released in October 2009. 'That Golden Rule' is the first Biffy Clyro release after the stand-alone single 'Mountains', released in August 2008, which became their biggest single chart success to date, entering the UK chart in the top 5 and selling over 100,000 copies. 'That Golden Rule' is a distinctively heavy and angular rock race of a song, with stunning unexpected time changes, huge riffs and a gigantic chorus making it sure to be one of the most exciting singles to be released this year.
In November 2009, they will be playing a thirteen-date tour of the UK. The tour will see the band return to London's Brixton Academy on 12 November after their triumphant sell-out gig at the venue last December, as well as two home-coming shows at Glasgow's Barrowlands on the 2 and 3 of November. This will be the first series of live dates for biffy clyro after the release of their impending new album. The album, the band's fifth and second with 14th Floor Records, is being recorded in LA, once again with Puzzle's producer GGGarth Richardson (Rage Against The Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers), and mixed by Andy Wallace (Coldplay, Nirvana, Faith No More) and is set to be a vital and monumental record.
Biffy Clyro have experienced a phenomenal couple of years since the release of the lauded Puzzle in June 2007, seeing them become one of the most celebrated live bands in the country. Not only have they toured across the world in America, Japan, Australia and Europe, but also they have played two sold-out headline tours of the UK and clocked up high-profile support slots with the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Queens of The Stone Age, Linkin Park and a colossal Wembley Stadium show with Muse.
- Fri 25th Sep 2020 Biffy Clyro P and J Live (formerly TECA) (Aberdeen) Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th Sep 2020 Biffy Clyro SSE Hydro (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th Sep 2020 Biffy Clyro Motorpoint Arena (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Sep 2020 Biffy Clyro Utilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th Sep 2020 Biffy Clyro Utilita Arena Birmingham (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro The O2 Arena (Greenwich) Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro Manchester Arena (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro First Direct Arena (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro SSE Arena Belfast (Belfast) Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro 3arena (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro Motorpoint Arena (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Oct 2020 Biffy Clyro Bournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets