Macmillan Brick Lane Takeover 2009 announced
Count your lucky stars people because if you missed what you thought was the event of the year with the annual Cooper Hill Cheese Roll then think again because the magnificent people at Macmillan's Cancer Support are organising a brilliant twelve hour festival of music, fun and, most importantly, charity support with their first ever large scale music event which has been Christened the 'Brick Lane Takeover'.
Without a pirate or a dictator in sight, this is the good kind of takeover and it gets kicked off at midday on the 13th of August in London's trendy Brick Lane and its surrounding area for twelve (yes count them) whole hours of entertainment all in the aid of the charity which supports the two million plus people in the UK that suffer from cancer. Seven venues including 93ft East, Café 1001 and even The Macbeth will be packed with a host of big names and fresh young talent including The Rogues, The Citadels (the London guys, not the Irish ones), Sam Isaac and the great Telegraphs. Wow, twelve hours and all that, plus more I hear you shout. Must be pricey though?
Wrong! For the entire twelve hours all you have to do is purchase a ticket for a measly £20, which is then swapped at the venue for a wristband that gives you access to EVERYTHING. So not only is it for a darn worthy cause it's also kind to your own wallet and a steal for what amounts to half a day of entertainment.
If you want any more information on the event, with a full listing of venues and bands playing just hop online at www.bricklanetakeover.com or if you just want to snap up a ticket now then the "tickets" button below for availability.
So there you go, the real event of the summer, and you get to help a charity and not end up smelling like cheese afterwards. A winner ever way you look at it.
You may be interested in
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 A Peaceful Noise, Tom Grennan, The Hunna, Liela Moss, John K...Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 and Sun 9th Dec 2018 War ChildBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Giggle AidFrog and Bucket Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 Muse, The Prince's TrustRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)More Info..
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 Laugh Till It Hurts, Stephen Grant, Joe Wilkinson, Sally-Ann...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 BRAINWAVES: Mind [charity]Gullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 Mo Gilligan, Fundraising EventO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 Romesh Ranganathan, CALM [charity]: Hip Hop Saved My LifeIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Streets of London, Ellie Goulding, Dua Lipa, Bastille, Mabel...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 to Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Wed 20th Mar 2019 and Thu 21st Mar 2019 Voice in a MillionOn SaleWed 21st Novat 9am
- Sat 6th Apr 2019 Aled Jones, Fundraising EventRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets