Macmillan Brick Lane Takeover 2009 announced
Count your lucky stars people because if you missed what you thought was the event of the year with the annual Cooper Hill Cheese Roll then think again because the magnificent people at Macmillan's Cancer Support are organising a brilliant twelve hour festival of music, fun and, most importantly, charity support with their first ever large scale music event which has been Christened the 'Brick Lane Takeover'.
Without a pirate or a dictator in sight, this is the good kind of takeover and it gets kicked off at midday on the 13th of August in London's trendy Brick Lane and its surrounding area for twelve (yes count them) whole hours of entertainment all in the aid of the charity which supports the two million plus people in the UK that suffer from cancer. Seven venues including 93ft East, Café 1001 and even The Macbeth will be packed with a host of big names and fresh young talent including The Rogues, The Citadels (the London guys, not the Irish ones), Sam Isaac and the great Telegraphs. Wow, twelve hours and all that, plus more I hear you shout. Must be pricey though?
Wrong! For the entire twelve hours all you have to do is purchase a ticket for a measly £20, which is then swapped at the venue for a wristband that gives you access to EVERYTHING. So not only is it for a darn worthy cause it's also kind to your own wallet and a steal for what amounts to half a day of entertainment.
If you want any more information on the event, with a full listing of venues and bands playing just hop online at www.bricklanetakeover.com or if you just want to snap up a ticket now then the "tickets" button below for availability.
So there you go, the real event of the summer, and you get to help a charity and not end up smelling like cheese afterwards. A winner ever way you look at it.
You may be interested in
- Sun 26th May 2019 and Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Wed 29th May 2019 to Wed 26th Jun 2019 Open Jam Sessions [Troubadour]Buy Tickets
- Wed 29th May 2019 to Wed 24th Jul 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Sat 8th Jun 2019 Capital FM Summertime Ball, Mark Ronson, 5 Seconds of Summer...Wembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Jun 2019 Sentebale, Rita Ora, George the-PoetHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Jun 2019 Soccer Aid, UNICEFStamford Bridge - Chelsea Football Club (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Jun 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 Strictly Hampshire: Katya Jones, Fundraising Event - Strictly for CharityO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 Laugh Till It Hurts, Adam Buxton, Jeff Innocent, Scott Capur...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Cancer Research UKThe Camden Assembly (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Giggle Aid, Ed Gamble, The Scummy Mummies Show, Daliso Chapo...Indigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, Vice Squad, Knock OffMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, GBH, Drongos For EuropeMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, TV SmithMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Shackerstone FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Cardiff Mod and Ska FestivalTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Macmillan Cancer Support, Oceans Ate Alaska, Our Hollow, Our...The Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Sep 2019 Martin Carthy, Wizz Jones, Fundraising Event: MNDA FundraiserThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 Brian and Robin’s Christmas Compendium, Professor Bria...Eventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Feb 2020 Sunday For SammyUtilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets