White Feather: The Spirit of Lennon - new exhibition for Liverpool from 17th June 2009
The Beatles will never cease to be in vogue: adding to the Getty photographic exhibition at The Movieum in London (which opened on March 12th, running until June 30th) and the reissue of their authorised biography, 'My Year in the life of The Beatles' by Hunter Davies earlier this month, The Beatles Story, i.e. the Fab Four's very own museum in Liverpool, will dedicate its new exhibit to John Lennon. 'White Feather: The Spirit of John Lennon' as it is entitled, opens from June 17th to December 31st, and focuses on Lennon's family life, through carefully selected memorabilia, courtesy of his eldest son Julian and first wife Cynthia Lennon, including personal belongings such as his Honda motorbike, an electric guitar he offered Julian on Christmas 1973, as well as Paul McCartney's handwritten recording notes of "Hey Jude", which he had penned following John and Cynthia's split, among other items. The exhibit will also have onscreen anecdotes and Lennon's life story narration by Cynthia and Julian.
Tickets range from £6.80 (for 5 to 16-year-olds) to £12.25 for adults. Concessions are priced £8.30, and family packages range from £ 20.55 to
£36.25. Under 5s get in for free.
You may be interested in
- Thu 23rd May 2019 The RutlesCavern (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 AnathemaThe Dome/ Grand Central Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Nov 2019 The Magic of the BeatlesEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Nov 2019 Mersey BeatlesM & S Bank Arena [Formerly Echo] (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Dec 2019 The Bootleg BeatlesThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Nov 2020 to Fri 11th Dec 2020 Elton John: Farewell Yellow Brick RoadBuy Tickets