They think it's all over! The story of that night in Instanbul on 25th May, 2005
Despite not making it to the Champions League finals this year, after a thrilling quarter-final with Chelsea, which ended 4-4 on the night, Liverpool fans, and football fans alike can relive the story of how Liverpool overcame adversity and a three goal deficit on 25th May 2005.
Liverpudlians have the pick of two plays about that night: Beating Berlusconi! and One Night in Istanbul. Beating Berlusconi! was written by former Hollyoaks star and playwright John Graham Davies, based on the fictional account of Kenny Noonan - 30 years a red, and under the kosh from both his wife and the bank manager. The story focuses on the amazing events on the pitch and what happened in the AC Milan director's box. The play is on for three nights at St. George's Hall in Liverpool from 8th - 10th June - tickets: £10.25 (concs) or £13.50 available below. Next up comes One Night in Istanbul, which focuses on the story of four lads on that momentous night, written by Liverpudlian writer/ playwright Nicky Allt (co-writer of the hit play 'Brick Up the Mersey'). The play runs from 9th - 18th July at the Liverpool Empire. Tickets range from £13.50 - £22.50, with family and concession tickets available - check the "tickets" links below for availability.
You may be interested in
- Sun 26th May 2019 to Sun 6th Oct 2019 Harry RedknappBuy Tickets
- Mon 10th Jun 2019 UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier: Republic of Ireland [Football] - V GibraltarAviva Stadium (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 and Sat 15th Jun 2019 Paul Gascoigne, Vinnie JonesBuy Tickets
- Sun 16th Jun 2019 Soccer Aid, UNICEFStamford Bridge - Chelsea Football Club (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Jul 2019 An Evening with: Geoff HurstTyne Theatre and Opera House (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 An Audience with West Ham Legends, Julian DicksBrentwood Centre (Brentwood)Buy Tickets