They think it's all over! The story of that night in Instanbul on 25th May, 2005
Despite not making it to the Champions League finals this year, after a thrilling quarter-final with Chelsea, which ended 4-4 on the night, Liverpool fans, and football fans alike can relive the story of how Liverpool overcame adversity and a three goal deficit on 25th May 2005.
Liverpudlians have the pick of two plays about that night: Beating Berlusconi! and One Night in Istanbul. Beating Berlusconi! was written by former Hollyoaks star and playwright John Graham Davies, based on the fictional account of Kenny Noonan - 30 years a red, and under the kosh from both his wife and the bank manager. The story focuses on the amazing events on the pitch and what happened in the AC Milan director's box. The play is on for three nights at St. George's Hall in Liverpool from 8th - 10th June - tickets: £10.25 (concs) or £13.50 available below. Next up comes One Night in Istanbul, which focuses on the story of four lads on that momentous night, written by Liverpudlian writer/ playwright Nicky Allt (co-writer of the hit play 'Brick Up the Mersey'). The play runs from 9th - 18th July at the Liverpool Empire. Tickets range from £13.50 - £22.50, with family and concession tickets available - check the "tickets" links below for availability.
You may be interested in
- Fri 20th Sep 2019 and Sat 21st Sep 2019 FA Futsal [England]: V GermanyBuy Tickets
- Thu 26th Sep 2019 and Sun 6th Oct 2019 Harry RedknappBuy Tickets
- Sat 5th Oct 2019 to Sat 28th Dec 2019 Tooting and Mitcham United FC: V ChipsteadBuy Tickets
- Sat 5th Oct 2019 Poole Town FC: V Salisbury FCBlack Gold Stadium (Poole)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Nov 2019 and Fri 8th Nov 2019 Trevor FrancisBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 An Audience with West Ham Legends, Julian DicksBrentwood Centre (Brentwood)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th May 2020 and Wed 20th May 2020 An Audience with Liverpool LegendsBuy Tickets