They think it's all over! The story of that night in Instanbul on 25th May, 2005
Despite not making it to the Champions League finals this year, after a thrilling quarter-final with Chelsea, which ended 4-4 on the night, Liverpool fans, and football fans alike can relive the story of how Liverpool overcame adversity and a three goal deficit on 25th May 2005.
Liverpudlians have the pick of two plays about that night: Beating Berlusconi! and One Night in Istanbul. Beating Berlusconi! was written by former Hollyoaks star and playwright John Graham Davies, based on the fictional account of Kenny Noonan - 30 years a red, and under the kosh from both his wife and the bank manager. The story focuses on the amazing events on the pitch and what happened in the AC Milan director's box. The play is on for three nights at St. George's Hall in Liverpool from 8th - 10th June - tickets: £10.25 (concs) or £13.50 available below. Next up comes One Night in Istanbul, which focuses on the story of four lads on that momentous night, written by Liverpudlian writer/ playwright Nicky Allt (co-writer of the hit play 'Brick Up the Mersey'). The play runs from 9th - 18th July at the Liverpool Empire. Tickets range from £13.50 - £22.50, with family and concession tickets available - check the "tickets" links below for availability.
You may be interested in
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 and Fri 8th Jun 2018 Republic of Ireland [Football]Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 England [football]Wembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 The Unbelievable Saturday Soccer Show: Chris KamaraLincoln Castle (Lincoln)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Aug 2018 Liverpool FC: vs FC NapoliAviva Stadium (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 to Thu 1st Nov 2018 Eric CantonaBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 Saints Evening of Football: Matt Le Tissier - with Mick Channon and Matt Le TissierO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 Wembley Stadium TourWembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Dec 2018 The Two Mikes: Christmas PartyO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets