Glenn Tilbrook - new Fluffers single and May 2009 solo tour
Glenn Tilbrook and his band The Fluffers release a new single Melancholy Emotion on digital download only on Monday 11th May. The single is taken from their new highly acclaimed album, Pandemonium Ensues, which was released through Quixotic Records on 2nd March. The album, produced by Glenn Tilbrook and Andrew J. Jones (Lord Large) and mixed by Bob Clearmountain, features guest appearances from Johnny Depp on Too Close To The Sun and his wife, Vanessa Paradis, on Interest & Love.
Pandemonium Ensues is Tilbrook's first album in five years and his first full album with The Fluffers. The album follows The Incomplete Glenn Tilbrook (2001) and Transatlantic Ping Pong (2004). His last release was a feature length documentary Glenn Tilbrook: One For The Road (2006) about life as a touring musician on the road in the US.
Tilbrook has just completed shows in Japan and Australia and is currently on tour in America. On his return he heads out on a fourteen date solo tour of the UK in May.
Tilbrook first came to fame as founding member and one-half of the songwriting team behind Squeeze who wrote some of the most-loved songs of the last thirty years. They notched up Top Ten hits around the world with - "Cool For Cats," "Up The Junction," "Slap & Tickle," "Pulling Mussels (From A Shell)," "Another Nail In My Heart," "Tempted," "Labelled With Love" and "Black Coffee In Bed." Today's newer artists, such as The Feeling, Kasabian, The View, Razorlight, Mark Ronson and Lily Allen have all sited Squeeze as a major influence.
In respect for their songwriting Glenn Tilbrook and Chris Difford have been honored with two prestigious awards this year - the Ivor Novello Award for their "Outstanding Contribution to British Music" (presented by Mark Ronson) and the "Icon Award" (presented by Lily Allen) at the O2 Silver Clef Awards.
In 2007 the newly reformed Squeeze played sold-out shows in America and the UK. This summer they played at Womad, Beautiful Days and V Festivals in the UK and a nineteen-date American tour in September.
Tilbrook is also involved with the Love Hope Strength Foundation. In 2007 he trekked to the Base Camp on Mount Everest to raise money for a Cancer Hospital in Nepal. It also went in the Guinness Book of Records for the highest ever recorded gig on land. This year he will travel to Kilamanjaro on the 27th September - 9th October, for more information go to www.lovehopestrength.org/events/kilimanjarorocks/index.php
You may also be interested in
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 to Tue 30th Oct 2018 Paul Young: 35 Years of No ParlezBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 to Fri 7th Dec 2018 LevellersBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Melanie CKeele University / KUSU (Staffordshire)More Info..
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Richard ThompsonBuy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 to Wed 28th Nov 2018 Chris DiffordBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc Almond...Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 and Sun 28th Oct 2018 Stepback - the 80s Concert, Tony Hadley, ABC, Bonnie Tyler, ...Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 Nick HarperThe Lantern (Halifax)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 and Thu 24th Jan 2019 Robbie McIntoshBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 Los Pacaminos, Paul YoungThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc AlmondThe Hexagon (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Nov 2018 and Tue 27th Nov 2018 Chris Difford, Boo HewerdineBuy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 John CaleDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Dec 2018 to Sun 24th Mar 2019 Paul CarrackBuy Tickets
- Mon 18th Feb 2019 to Tue 9th Apr 2019 Mike and the MechanicsBuy Tickets
- Tue 12th Mar 2019 to Sun 24th Mar 2019 Roy HarperBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Jun 2019 to Sat 15th Jun 2019 Elton John: Farewell Yellow Brick RoadBuy Tickets