Glenn Tilbrook - new Fluffers single and May 2009 solo tour
Posted: 7th May 2009
Glenn Tilbrook and his band The Fluffers release a new single Melancholy Emotion on digital download only on Monday 11th May. The single is taken from their new highly acclaimed album, Pandemonium Ensues, which was released through Quixotic Records on 2nd March. The album, produced by Glenn Tilbrook and Andrew J. Jones (Lord Large) and mixed by Bob Clearmountain, features guest appearances from Johnny Depp on Too Close To The Sun and his wife, Vanessa Paradis, on Interest & Love.
Pandemonium Ensues is Tilbrook's first album in five years and his first full album with The Fluffers. The album follows The Incomplete Glenn Tilbrook (2001) and Transatlantic Ping Pong (2004). His last release was a feature length documentary Glenn Tilbrook: One For The Road (2006) about life as a touring musician on the road in the US.
Tilbrook has just completed shows in Japan and Australia and is currently on tour in America. On his return he heads out on a fourteen date solo tour of the UK in May.
Tilbrook first came to fame as founding member and one-half of the songwriting team behind Squeeze who wrote some of the most-loved songs of the last thirty years. They notched up Top Ten hits around the world with - "Cool For Cats," "Up The Junction," "Slap & Tickle," "Pulling Mussels (From A Shell)," "Another Nail In My Heart," "Tempted," "Labelled With Love" and "Black Coffee In Bed." Today's newer artists, such as The Feeling, Kasabian, The View, Razorlight, Mark Ronson and Lily Allen have all sited Squeeze as a major influence.
In respect for their songwriting Glenn Tilbrook and Chris Difford have been honored with two prestigious awards this year - the Ivor Novello Award for their "Outstanding Contribution to British Music" (presented by Mark Ronson) and the "Icon Award" (presented by Lily Allen) at the O2 Silver Clef Awards.
In 2007 the newly reformed Squeeze played sold-out shows in America and the UK. This summer they played at Womad, Beautiful Days and V Festivals in the UK and a nineteen-date American tour in September.
Tilbrook is also involved with the Love Hope Strength Foundation. In 2007 he trekked to the Base Camp on Mount Everest to raise money for a Cancer Hospital in Nepal. It also went in the Guinness Book of Records for the highest ever recorded gig on land. This year he will travel to Kilamanjaro on the 27th September - 9th October, for more information go to www.lovehopestrength.org/events/kilimanjarorocks/index.php
- Thu 25th Mar 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Robin (Wolverhampton) Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Mar 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Guildhall (Gloucester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Mar 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Phoenix Arts Centre (Exeter) Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Mar 2021 Glenn Tilbrook The Haymarket (Basingstoke) Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook The Apex (Bury St Edmunds) Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Stamford Corn Exchange (Stamford) Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Whitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay) Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook The Atkinson (Southport) Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Queens Hall (Nuneaton) Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook Salt Beer Factory - Shipley (Bradford) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook The Met Arts Centre (Bury) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Apr 2021 Glenn Tilbrook The Devils Arse/ Peak Cavern (Derbyshire) Buy Tickets