Hampton Court Palace and Greenwich Beer and Jazz Festivals announced for summer 2009
Two related, but intrinsically separate, music and drinks festivals will no doubt add colour, sounds and a few sore heads when they return to two beautiful settings in different corners of London this summer. Essentially both festivals will feature a mixture of artists playing jazz, blues, rock and other genres, accompanied by a parallel beer, cider and ale extravaganza that will help you forget about your worries and your strife in no uncertain terms. With over 150 world lagers, stouts, bitters and milds all on sale, one thing is for sure - if the music doesn't move you, the drink will. Oh and they both last a full 5 days!
The first is set in the glorious grounds of the Royal Naval College in Greenwich and will take place from Wednesday 8th July to Sunday 12th July while the second event occupies a large part of beautiful Hampton Court from Thursday 27th August to Monday 31st August. You will note that there is a good 6 weeks between each festival to allow the more discerning gluggers to recover - nice touch organizers!! And to ensure that both festivals are topped-up with the very best in real ales and ciders, CAMRA are sponsoring the events. If you want supermarket 'laarger' you won't find it here but you may find a chemical-free alternative to savour and enjoy. The musical entertainment will come from Courtney Pine, RB Funkestra, Jandira Silva, Jezebel Sextet, Jonny Boston, James Taylor Quartet, Manteca, Chicago Blues Brothers and Los Albertos - day-by-day lineup TBA.
Tickets will be on sale this Friday (May 1st) at 10AM and will be priced from £6 up to £12.50.
The Greenwich venue is accessible from Maze Hill BR or Cutty Sark DLR - there are also numerous decent pubs around the centre of Greenwich itself and some stunning landmarks to boot. Hampton Court is served by a BR station although this will be very busy. Alternatively, weather permitting and consciousness maintained, a stroll through Bushy Park to Kingston or Teddington is always rather civilized.
You may be interested in
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Melanie C, Nick CorbinBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Pub in the Park, Razorlight, Stereo MCsRoyal Victoria Park (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 and Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Squeeze, The Christians, Scouting for Girls...Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 The Rollin' Clones, Who's Next, Newark FestivalRiverside Park (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Newark Festival, Marti Pellow, Kim Wilde, Go West, Nick Heyw...Riverside Park (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 to Sun 8th Jul 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Sophie Ellis-BextorBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 Pub in the Park, The Christians, Billy Ocean, Scouting for G...Dunorlan Park (Tunbridge Wells)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Nick CorbinBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Toploader, Gabrielle Aplin, Razorlight, Mel...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Erdinger Oktoberfest LondonBuy Tickets