Joe Bonamassa, Pendulum, DJ Yoda and The BossHoss added to GuilFest 2009
Joe Bonamassa, Pendulum, DJ Yoda and The BossHoss are added to this years GuilFest line up.
They Join the already announced star studded list of Motorhead, Brian Wilson (legend of The Beach Boys), Happy Mondays, The Wailers, Will Young, The Charlatans, Athlete, The Stranglers, Nouvelle Vague, Imelda May, The King Blues and Eat Static.
Fresh from a fantastic appearance on "Later... with Jools Holland", blues-rock guitar virtuoso, vocalist and songwriter Joe Bonamassa will be headlining GuilFest's Ents24 Stage on Saturday 11th July. Joe is widely renowned everywhere for his insanely fluid phrasing and post-modern fusion of electric British blues, traditional Delta blues and rock 'n roll chops. Proclaimed "The New King of Blues" by Guitarist Magazine, by the time he was twelve Joe was touring with blues legend B.B King, which led to opening slots for many other stars including Buddy Guy, Foreigner, George Thorogood, Robert Cray, Stephen Stills, Joe Cocker and Gregg Allman. Beatles promoter Sam Leach compared the first time he saw Joe to his initial glimpse of the Fab Four at the Cavern Club - "I got that same feeling of excitement...Joe is the premiere Blues/Rock artist on the planet."
All of Joe's albums have either hit No 1 or gone Top 10 on the Billboard blues Chart, and Joe's new album, "The Ballad Of John Henry" will coincide with his twentieth year as a professional musician and what promises to be an awe inspiring performance at GuilFest.
Australian Drum and Bass Kings Pendulum will be headlining the Funky End Dance Tent, playing a DJ set with MC Jakes on Saturday 11th July. Pendulum have taken the world by storm since they appeared in 2002, touring the world with their instantly recognisable sound, meanwhile releasing two critically acclaimed albums - the first, "Hold Your Colour" achieving double gold status and the second "In Silico" achieving gold status and hitting the number 2 spot in the UK album charts. Pendulum will definitely have The Funky End rocking on Saturday night at GuilFest 2009.
DJ Yoda will headline the Funky End on Sunday 12th July. One of Britain's most admired and original club DJs who encapsulates the very essence of good times, DJ Yoda has transformed clubbing as we know it, throwing down styles as diverse as Hip-Hop, Funk, Baltimore Club, Drum n Bass and even Country music. His keenly-defined sense of humour has captured the imagination of the masses making him possibly the only DJ in the world who can fill a club cutting the Indiana Jones theme music with dirty dubstep beats or 80's pop with New York rap. A judge for three years-worth of DMC DJ World Finals, tipped by Q Magazine as one of 'The 10 DJs you must see before you die' and voted alongside DJ Premier as 'One of the Top Three DJs in the World' in Hip-Hop Connection magazine, DJ Yoda represents a new brand of mix-master who can happily play any kind of music to make people dance. The organisers are delighted to have such a legend bringing the weekend to a close in the Funky End Dance Tent.
GuilFest 2009 welcomes back The BossHoss, who due to popular demand will be performing on Friday 10th July. A German band with the ingenious idea of merging Country with modern pop culture, Their Country Trash Punk Rock is unique to them - it's their shtick! Britney, Outcast or Burt Bacharach - nobody is safe from The BossHoss. Their own straight rock numbers are mixed with a unique party soundtrack. In their homeland they have become a cult band. Many fans just can't live without them and hardly miss any of their gigs.
The BossHoss are a story that only pop culture can write. From a beer mat to 3 gold discs; from a first appearance in a back street bar in Berlin to sell-out shows in front of 8,000 fans in the same city in the space of 3 years. Catch them live yourself on Friday at GuilFest 2009.
The already fantastic GuilFest line up will continue to grow over the coming weeks - expect more then 200 live acts to be announced in time for July. As well as the main stages, GuilFest also features two Live club stages (one of which sponsored by The Surrey Advertiser), featuring the best in unsigned talent from the local areas and beyond, one of the most laid back and friendly vibes at any festival, impromptu street performances, food and drink from around the world, great stalls, cocktail bars, our MASSIVE 150' bar and loads of other attractions, including our acoustic lounge, rock disco, Farmer Giles barn dance, brand new 70s disco + loads more. We even have Guildford Lido for outdoor swimming and showers, and Guildford Spectrum leisure centre for indoor swimming and various other activities right next door!
Don't Forget - Campsite opens @ 10am Thursday morning, main site opens 10am Friday Morning. Make sure you're in the campsite on Thursday night for our bar and disco!
So for fun in the sun this July, get down to GuilFest. Tickets still available - Buy now to avoid disappointment
Friday 10th July 2009
- The Stranglers
- Nouvelle Vague
- Imelda May
- The Bosshoss
- Eat Static
Saturday 11th July 2009
- Brian Wilson
- The Charlatans
- Joe Bonamassa
- Pendulum (DJ Set With MC Jakes)
Sunday 12th July 2009
- Happy Mondays
- Will Young
- The King Blues
- The Wailers
- DJ Yoda
You may be interested in
- Thu 24th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Reverend and the Makers, The Whip, ...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sun 1st Jul 2018 Geronimo FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Coral...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Robert Plant and the Sensational Sp...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 and Sun 27th May 2018 BoltfestBuy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Jimmy Cliff, Jake Bugg, Dub Pistols...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 Wychwood Festival, Baxter Dury, The Beat, Nina Nesbitt, Poke...Cheltenham Racecourse (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Wychwood Festival, Gipsy Kings, The Go! Team, Field Music, S...Cheltenham Racecourse (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Jun 2018 Wychwood Festival, Shed Seven, Feeder, Ten Tonnes, The Corre...Cheltenham Racecourse (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 South Tyneside Festival, Pixie LottBents Park (South Shields)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Jul 2018 and Sat 14th Jul 2018 LatitudeBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 to Sun 15th Jul 2018 Cornbury FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 Latitude, SolangeHenham Park (Suffolk)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 and Sun 15th Jul 2018 BlokOut FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 BlokOut Festival, FeederLocko Park (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Latitude, alt-JHenham Park (Suffolk)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 South Tyneside Festival, The VampsBents Park (South Shields)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 and Sat 21st Jul 2018 PennFestBuy Tickets
- Thu 26th Jul 2018 Camp BestivalLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 Camp Bestival, Rick AstleyLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 to Sun 29th Jul 2018 Big Family FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 Camp Bestival, Clean BanditLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 Camp Bestival, Simple MindsLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 South Tyneside Festival, Heather SmallBents Park (South Shields)Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd Aug 2018 Belladrum FestivalBelladrum Estate (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd Aug 2018 to Sun 5th Aug 2018 CBBC Summer SocialBuy Tickets
- Thu 9th Aug 2018 to Sun 12th Aug 2018 BoomTown FairBuy Tickets
- Thu 16th Aug 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Green Man FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 16th Aug 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Beautiful DaysBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Victorious Festival, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Shed Sev...Southsea Seafront (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Sun 26th Aug 2018 Victorious FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Sun 26th Aug 2018 The Solihull Summer FestBuy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Wings and WheelsDunsfold Aerodrome (Surrey)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 LoopalluUllapool Pier (Ullapool)Buy Tickets