Feeder,Taking Back Sunday,Skindred and Frank Turner added to Sonisphere 2009
With a line up already boasting Metallica, Linkin Park, Thin Lizzy, Avenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch Nails and Alice In Chains amongst others, Sonisphere Festival Knebworth has managed to impress once again, with four new additions to the already stellar line up, perfectly showcasing the diversity of the most exciting Rock event the UK has seen in years.
Platinum selling Welsh rockers Feeder are joining the all-star Sonisphere cast. Feeder boast 24 top 75 singles (20 of which hit the top 40) and 8 top 75 albums in the UK, a remarkable achievement for any band and one recognised by the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums, which names Feeder one of the most successful UK chart acts of the last 50 years. Hit singles such as "Buck Rogers" and "Come Back Around" are perfectly suited for a hot summer's day at Knebworth and Feeder frontman Grant Nicholas is looking forward to performing:
"It's great to be playing at Sonisphere. I saw some great bands play at Knebworth when I was younger. It is an amazing venue and has hosted some of the most amazing shows over the years. It will be our only UK festival appearance this year as we are busy working on the next Feeder album - so we will be rocking as hard as ever."
Flying in from Long Island, NY, Give It A Name headliners Taking Back Sunday are descending on Knebworth to bring Sonisphere an unforgettable live show. Long before it was hijacked by mascara wearing cry-babies and became a dirty word, Taking Back Sunday were ploughing their furrow on the burgeoning US Emocore scene, quickly garnering the attention of Victory Records, home to some of the biggest names in punk, rock and emo. The following years saw a support tour with Blink 182, co-headlining billing on the Vans Warped Tour and a major label deal, resulting in 2006's breakthrough "Louder Now" album. With their next offering, "New Again " set for release in June, TBS's appearance at Sonisphere will give UK fans a chance to sing along to the new songs for the first time.
Festivals should be all about forgetting your troubles, getting your groove on and just having a good time. Who better to get bodies moving and faces grinning than Ragga-Punks Skindred. Truly unique, their blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae will be an unmissable festival treat and the band sound almost as excited as we are:
"We are itching to play the UK again after being on tour in the US for a year and to be playing at Knebworth is going to be awesome, the bill is amazing and we are really thankful to be part of something as special as this."
Watch out for their truly genius cover of "Electric Avenue".
Adding something a little different to the mix at Sonisphere, we present singer/songwriter Frank Turner, who in a few short years, armed only with a guitar and his voice, has gone from tiny London music bars, to headlining the 2000 capacity Shepherds Bush Empire. Both folk troubadour and former frontman of London hardcore band Million Dead, Frank has been asked to open for The Offspring on their summer US tour, forcing him to cancel other UK festival appearances. Sonisphere catches him well and truly on the edge of greatness.
"I've never played at Knebworth before, so this is really going to be one of the highlights of my festival season." says Frank "Plus I'm going to tell everyone I'm supporting Metallica!"
And in great news for parents and kids, we are pleased to announce that entry to the festival will now be free of charge for under 12s. Parents should purchase their own tickets through the normal channels and then take their child with them to the Box Office on arrival at Sonisphere to be issued with a complementary wristband. Please note that proof of age may be asked for. This also applies to VIP customers provided that the child will stay within the accommodation package booked by their parents.
Watch this space for another big Sonisphere announcement within the next 2 weeks.
Line up so far:
- Linkin Park
- Alice In Chains
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Bullet For My Valentine
- Frank Turner
- Killing Joke
- Lamb Of God
- Machine Head
- Nine Inch Nails
- Taking Back Sunday
- The Sword
- Thin Lizzy
You may be interested in
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 Roadrage FestivalThe Corporation (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 to Sun 5th May 2019 Teddy RocksBuy Tickets
- Sat 11th May 2019 Incineration Fest, Mayhem, Carpathian Forest, Winterfylleth,...Various Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 to Sun 26th May 2019 Raw Power FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 and Sun 26th May 2019 Slam Dunk Festival, All Time Low, NOFX, New Found Glory, Wat...: SouthBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Jun 2019 Camden Rocks, New Model Army, Wheatus, Ginger, Milk Teeth, P...Various Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Jun 2019 and Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Camden Rocks: AfterpartyBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Camden Rocks, Ash, Rat Boy, Carl Barât, Raging Speedho...Various Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Jun 2019 to Sun 16th Jun 2019 DownloadBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Jul 2019 and Mon 8th Jul 2019 Tech-FestBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jul 2019 Tech-Fest, Dying FetusNewark County Showground/ Lady Eastwood Pavilion (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 Tech-Fest, MonumentsNewark County Showground/ Lady Eastwood Pavilion (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Tech-Fest, LeprousNewark County Showground/ Lady Eastwood Pavilion (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Jul 2019 to Sat 13th Jul 2019 Rock and Bike FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2019 to Sun 14th Jul 2019 SOS FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 Ramblin' Man FairBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Steelhouse FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Aug 2019 BloodstockCatton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Aug 2019 Bloodstock, Sabaton, Powerwolf, TesseracT, Children of Bodom...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Aug 2019 Bloodstock, Parkway Drive, Anthrax, Cradle of Filth, Code Or...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Aug 2019 Bloodstock, The Scorpions, Dimmu Borgir, Queensrÿche, H...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Aug 2019 to Sun 18th Aug 2019 RabidfestBuy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 to Sun 8th Dec 2019 Planet Rock Winter's End: Planet Rock Winter's EndBuy Tickets