Feeder,Taking Back Sunday,Skindred and Frank Turner added to Sonisphere 2009
With a line up already boasting Metallica, Linkin Park, Thin Lizzy, Avenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch Nails and Alice In Chains amongst others, Sonisphere Festival Knebworth has managed to impress once again, with four new additions to the already stellar line up, perfectly showcasing the diversity of the most exciting Rock event the UK has seen in years.
Platinum selling Welsh rockers Feeder are joining the all-star Sonisphere cast. Feeder boast 24 top 75 singles (20 of which hit the top 40) and 8 top 75 albums in the UK, a remarkable achievement for any band and one recognised by the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums, which names Feeder one of the most successful UK chart acts of the last 50 years. Hit singles such as "Buck Rogers" and "Come Back Around" are perfectly suited for a hot summer's day at Knebworth and Feeder frontman Grant Nicholas is looking forward to performing:
"It's great to be playing at Sonisphere. I saw some great bands play at Knebworth when I was younger. It is an amazing venue and has hosted some of the most amazing shows over the years. It will be our only UK festival appearance this year as we are busy working on the next Feeder album - so we will be rocking as hard as ever."
Flying in from Long Island, NY, Give It A Name headliners Taking Back Sunday are descending on Knebworth to bring Sonisphere an unforgettable live show. Long before it was hijacked by mascara wearing cry-babies and became a dirty word, Taking Back Sunday were ploughing their furrow on the burgeoning US Emocore scene, quickly garnering the attention of Victory Records, home to some of the biggest names in punk, rock and emo. The following years saw a support tour with Blink 182, co-headlining billing on the Vans Warped Tour and a major label deal, resulting in 2006's breakthrough "Louder Now" album. With their next offering, "New Again " set for release in June, TBS's appearance at Sonisphere will give UK fans a chance to sing along to the new songs for the first time.
Festivals should be all about forgetting your troubles, getting your groove on and just having a good time. Who better to get bodies moving and faces grinning than Ragga-Punks Skindred. Truly unique, their blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae will be an unmissable festival treat and the band sound almost as excited as we are:
"We are itching to play the UK again after being on tour in the US for a year and to be playing at Knebworth is going to be awesome, the bill is amazing and we are really thankful to be part of something as special as this."
Watch out for their truly genius cover of "Electric Avenue".
Adding something a little different to the mix at Sonisphere, we present singer/songwriter Frank Turner, who in a few short years, armed only with a guitar and his voice, has gone from tiny London music bars, to headlining the 2000 capacity Shepherds Bush Empire. Both folk troubadour and former frontman of London hardcore band Million Dead, Frank has been asked to open for The Offspring on their summer US tour, forcing him to cancel other UK festival appearances. Sonisphere catches him well and truly on the edge of greatness.
"I've never played at Knebworth before, so this is really going to be one of the highlights of my festival season." says Frank "Plus I'm going to tell everyone I'm supporting Metallica!"
And in great news for parents and kids, we are pleased to announce that entry to the festival will now be free of charge for under 12s. Parents should purchase their own tickets through the normal channels and then take their child with them to the Box Office on arrival at Sonisphere to be issued with a complementary wristband. Please note that proof of age may be asked for. This also applies to VIP customers provided that the child will stay within the accommodation package booked by their parents.
Watch this space for another big Sonisphere announcement within the next 2 weeks.
Line up so far:
- Linkin Park
- Alice In Chains
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Bullet For My Valentine
- Frank Turner
- Killing Joke
- Lamb Of God
- Machine Head
- Nine Inch Nails
- Taking Back Sunday
- The Sword
- Thin Lizzy
You may be interested in
- Fri 25th May 2018 Raw Power Festival, Bonnacons of Doom, Father MurphyShacklewell Arms (Stoke Newington)More Info..
- Sat 26th May 2018 Slam Dunk Festival, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Pvris, ...Various Leeds Venues (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Raw Power Festival, Godflesh, Cocaine PissBoston Arms/ The Dome - Tufnell Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Slam Dunk Festival, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Pvris, ...Hatfield House (Hatfield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Raw Power Festival, Circle, Zombie Zombie, Snapped AnklesBoston Arms/ The Dome - Tufnell Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 Slam Dunk Festival, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Pvris, ...Genting/ NEC Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Camden Rocks, Maximo Park, PiL, Twin Atlantic, Mallory Knox,...Various Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 DownloadDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 Download, Avenged SevenfoldDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Download, Guns N' RosesDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 Download, Ozzy OsbourneDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Stone Free Festival, The Scorpions, MegadethThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 Stone Free Festival, Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakem...The O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Ramblin' Man FairMote Park (Maidstone)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Jul 2018 Rock and Bike FestivalCarnfield Hall - South Normanton (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 to Sun 15th Jul 2018 SOS FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Beyond Fest, Basement, Arcane Roots, Grumble Bee, Slø...Manchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 and Sat 28th Jul 2018 Steelhouse FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 9th Aug 2018 to Sun 12th Aug 2018 BloodstockBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 HRH Sleaze, LA Guns, Santa CruzO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 HRH Sleaze, Backyard Babies, Tigertailz, Falling Red, Snakeb...O2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 ResonateO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 MammothfestBuy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 Turbulence Festival, Bleed from Within, Heart of a Coward, H...Various Plymouth Venues (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 to Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Planet RockstockBuy Tickets