Feeder,Taking Back Sunday,Skindred and Frank Turner added to Sonisphere 2009
With a line up already boasting Metallica, Linkin Park, Thin Lizzy, Avenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch Nails and Alice In Chains amongst others, Sonisphere Festival Knebworth has managed to impress once again, with four new additions to the already stellar line up, perfectly showcasing the diversity of the most exciting Rock event the UK has seen in years.
Platinum selling Welsh rockers Feeder are joining the all-star Sonisphere cast. Feeder boast 24 top 75 singles (20 of which hit the top 40) and 8 top 75 albums in the UK, a remarkable achievement for any band and one recognised by the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums, which names Feeder one of the most successful UK chart acts of the last 50 years. Hit singles such as "Buck Rogers" and "Come Back Around" are perfectly suited for a hot summer's day at Knebworth and Feeder frontman Grant Nicholas is looking forward to performing:
"It's great to be playing at Sonisphere. I saw some great bands play at Knebworth when I was younger. It is an amazing venue and has hosted some of the most amazing shows over the years. It will be our only UK festival appearance this year as we are busy working on the next Feeder album - so we will be rocking as hard as ever."
Flying in from Long Island, NY, Give It A Name headliners Taking Back Sunday are descending on Knebworth to bring Sonisphere an unforgettable live show. Long before it was hijacked by mascara wearing cry-babies and became a dirty word, Taking Back Sunday were ploughing their furrow on the burgeoning US Emocore scene, quickly garnering the attention of Victory Records, home to some of the biggest names in punk, rock and emo. The following years saw a support tour with Blink 182, co-headlining billing on the Vans Warped Tour and a major label deal, resulting in 2006's breakthrough "Louder Now" album. With their next offering, "New Again " set for release in June, TBS's appearance at Sonisphere will give UK fans a chance to sing along to the new songs for the first time.
Festivals should be all about forgetting your troubles, getting your groove on and just having a good time. Who better to get bodies moving and faces grinning than Ragga-Punks Skindred. Truly unique, their blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae will be an unmissable festival treat and the band sound almost as excited as we are:
"We are itching to play the UK again after being on tour in the US for a year and to be playing at Knebworth is going to be awesome, the bill is amazing and we are really thankful to be part of something as special as this."
Watch out for their truly genius cover of "Electric Avenue".
Adding something a little different to the mix at Sonisphere, we present singer/songwriter Frank Turner, who in a few short years, armed only with a guitar and his voice, has gone from tiny London music bars, to headlining the 2000 capacity Shepherds Bush Empire. Both folk troubadour and former frontman of London hardcore band Million Dead, Frank has been asked to open for The Offspring on their summer US tour, forcing him to cancel other UK festival appearances. Sonisphere catches him well and truly on the edge of greatness.
"I've never played at Knebworth before, so this is really going to be one of the highlights of my festival season." says Frank "Plus I'm going to tell everyone I'm supporting Metallica!"
And in great news for parents and kids, we are pleased to announce that entry to the festival will now be free of charge for under 12s. Parents should purchase their own tickets through the normal channels and then take their child with them to the Box Office on arrival at Sonisphere to be issued with a complementary wristband. Please note that proof of age may be asked for. This also applies to VIP customers provided that the child will stay within the accommodation package booked by their parents.
Watch this space for another big Sonisphere announcement within the next 2 weeks.
Line up so far:
- Linkin Park
- Alice In Chains
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Bullet For My Valentine
- Frank Turner
- Killing Joke
- Lamb Of God
- Machine Head
- Nine Inch Nails
- Taking Back Sunday
- The Sword
- Thin Lizzy
You may be interested in
- Sat 12th Oct 2019 Hacktivist, Haggard Cat, Turbulence FestivalThe Underground (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Nov 2019 Tomorrow's Ghosts Festival, Clan Of Xymox, She Past Away, Al...Whitby Pavilion Theatre (Whitby)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Nov 2019 Tomorrow's Ghosts Festival, Wayne Hussey, Inkubus SukkubusWhitby Pavilion Theatre (Whitby)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Nov 2019 Damnation Festival, Opeth, Mayhem, PrimordialLeeds University Union [Stylus/ Pulse/ Mine] (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Nov 2019 Cornwall Rocks, The Quireboys, VEGA, DepartedTencreek Holiday Park - Looe (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Nov 2019 Cornwall Rocks, Diamond Head, The Groundhogs, JOANovARC, Hol...Tencreek Holiday Park - Looe (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Nov 2019 Cornwall Rocks, Massive Wagons, Stray, Voodoo VegasTencreek Holiday Park - Looe (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 to Sun 8th Dec 2019 Planet RockstockBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Feb 2020 Planet Rock Winter's End, Those Damn CrowsSandford Holiday Park (Poole)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Feb 2020 Planet Rock Winter's End, The TreatmentSandford Holiday Park (Poole)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Mar 2020 Planet Rock Winter's EndSandford Holiday Park (Poole)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th May 2020 Incineration FestVarious Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jun 2020 DownloadDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jul 2020 to Sun 12th Jul 2020 SOS FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Jul 2020 to Sun 26th Jul 2020 Steelhouse FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st Jul 2020 to Sun 2nd Aug 2020 Radar FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Aug 2020 to Sun 9th Aug 2020 BloodstockBuy Tickets