Sam Isacc releases debut album 'Bears' - May 2009
Sam Isaac has announced the release of his self-released debut album Bears on May 11 2009, available through CD and download. The album release follows on from Sam's last single 'Come Back Home Tonight' and his special beat-fantastic remix ep, released at the end of last year, which includes three remixes of 'Sticker Star and Tape' from electo-acoustic wizard James Yuill, folk-disco man Rod Thomas, and Steve Brown.
The album recording process was a surreally-fraught one, in which Sam became seriously ill with a disease caught from a mackerel and normally exclusive only to fish. Sam is now back to health and his debut album, Bears, is finally ready.
Recorded in London with Dan Swift (Aqualung, Art Brut) and featuring players from the Royal College of Music, the Hoosiers' horn section, and Sam's own band (who include Sophie Galpin from My First Tooth), Bears swings from earnest, hopeful love songs like 'Annie', to rousing numbers such as 'Fire Fire', which had 3,000 people singing along at Latitude.
Sam has already proved himself a mainstay at radio with plays from Radio 1's Huw Stephens, Colin Murray and Rob Da Bank, and was names "Hottest Record in The World" on the Zane Lowe show. Further support has come from John Kennedy and Jon Hillcock at XFM. During 2008, Sam played a plethora of festivals including V Festival, Big Chill, Latitude and Secret Garden Party; and in October he went on a mammoth, three-week, full-band tour of the UK in 'Florence', his very own ex-postal van. Sam has also recently returned from success shows at SXSW and New York and will be touring in the UK through April and May.
You may be interested in
- Wed 16th Jan 2019 Kevin DevineThe Camden Assembly (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Jan 2019 London Blues Week, Sugaray Rayford, Jo Harman: Sugaray Rayford100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Jan 2019 Sugaray RayfordCaroline Street Social Club/ Live Room (Shipley)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Jan 2019 to Sun 3rd Feb 2019 Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Gerry Jablonski And The Electric BandDreadnought Rock (Bathgate)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Mar 2019 and Sat 23rd Mar 2019 Henrik FreischladerBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Fri 26th Apr 2019 Joe BonamassaBuy Tickets
- Mon 13th May 2019 to Thu 16th May 2019 Eric ClaptonBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Jun 2019 Rockin' the Blues: Jonny Lang, Walter TroutO2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets