Crisis 'Hidden' gigs to feature Pendulum (DJs), Hot Chip (DJs) and more this summer
Providing the thirsty gig-goer with another twist in their search for exclusive music, Crisis Hidden Gigs is a series of music events hosted by Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people.
Featuring an array of stars including Hot Chip, Bombay Bicycle Club, Filthy Dukes, Pendulum, Dodgy, The Bluetones, Zane Lowe, with more acts to be announced, the shows' proceeds will go to Crisis. The idea for the gigs came about after a successful fundraiser involving Paul Weller at Camden's Roundhouse last year. Rumour has it that live recordings could be a result of 2009's Crisis Hidden Gigs.
The shows will take place in central London during May and June 2009, and feature an excellent line-up. Top artists will be playing in unique and intimate venues in a bid to raise awareness for Crisis' cause. The twist lies in that the event venues are to remain 'hidden' until 24 hours before the gig, when ticketholders will be texted or emailed with details of the show. Which of course perfectly highlights how homelessness is 'hidden' in the UK, even demonstrating how homeless individuals often do not know where they may end up each night. Tickets, costing £25 + booking are on sale now.
You may be interested in
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 and Sat 1st Sep 2018 Macmillan Cancer SupportBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 Dance: Make Your MoveIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 The Little Dragon Music Festival, Scouting for GirlsY Morfa Venue/ Conwy Borough United Stadium (Conwy)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 The Little Dragon Music Festival, Goldie Lookin' ChainY Morfa Venue/ Conwy Borough United Stadium (Conwy)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Wings and WheelsDunsfold Aerodrome (Surrey)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 and Thu 4th Oct 2018 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 Musicians Against HomelessnessThe Live Rooms (Chester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Cardiff Mod and Ska Festival, 2 RudeTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets