Keeping the children entertained in the Easter 2009 holidays
The daffies are out, the days are getting longer, and your little cherubs are off school - so what exciting things can you do to keep those minds occupied this Easter?
At the Science Museum, London, the 'Wallace and Grommit Present A World Of Cracking Ideas', exhibition opened last week. Celebrating Nick Park's famed crazy inventor Wallace and his trusty sidekick, Grommit, the family experience explores how the simplest ideas can become life-changing inventions. Including the humble telephone and other designs from the Science Museum's collection, you can put your inspiration to good use in the 'create your own' workshop! Tickets are £9.
The Horniman Museum in Forest Hill, London, is staging The Robot Zoo this Easter. Running from 28th March until 8 November, the interactive exhibition features a fascinating world of mechanical creatures, and gives you the chance to learn intriguing facts about real-life animals that we share the planet with. You could find out how a chameleon changes colour, or how a bat finds its prey in the dark! Displays compare animals insides to familiar machine parts and gadgets to demonstrate 'how animals work' and come to life.
Tickets are £5 for adults, and children are a bargainous £2.50 - or even better, a family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) will set you back £12. This is the exhibition's first time in the UK and will be plenty of educational fun for all the family.
Also taking place in London - as previously reported - is the production of family favourite The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe costing £18 per adult, £14 for under 16s and just £10 for under 12s. The production runs until Sunday 19th April at St Stephen's in Hampstead.
For people living closer to the 'burbs, the pineapple-under-the-sea-dwelling sponge otherwise known as Spongebob Squarepants is taking part in 'The Sponge that Could Fly' at the Churchill theatre in Bromley, where Spongebob embarks on a mission to fly with the Jellyfish in Jellyfish fields, but mast take on 'The Flying Dutchman' in the process. The show is in Bromley from Wednesday 1st until Sunday 5th April, moving-on to Reading, Manchester, Sunderland and beyond the Easter holidays.
Not in our fair capital? No problem!
The 'Scooby Doo! And the Pirate Ghost' live show will tour the UK from Tuesday 7th April, starting at the DeMontfort Hall, Leicester, and is sure to get their tails wagging! Kids' (and big kids too!) favourite, Scooby, takes to the stage stopping at venues in Southend, Southport, Birmingham, Bradford, Tunbridge Wells and Sunderland amongst others with a brand new case to solve. The trademark Mystery Inc show will follow-up their previous sell-out success and is set to entertain the whole family.
In Kilmarnock, Scottish children's entertainers 'The Singing Kettle' will feature at the Palace Theatre on Sat 04th Apr 2009 and Sun 5th Apr 2009. Providing an afternoon of laughter, traditional children's songs and interaction, tickets are £9.50 each or £34 for a family with showings at 12pm and 3pm on both days.
Legendary circus troupe 'The Moscow State Circus' continues over 200 years of tradition as it continues on its 2009 tour of Western Europe. A refreshingly-traditional circus complete with trapeze artists, strongmen, clowns, jugglers and unicycles, this is one of the greatest shows on earth!
Not-to-be-missed, the circus will be at the Kings Parade Circus Site, New Brighton, Merseyside from Wed 22nd April to Sun 26th April for plenty of clowning around.
There's plenty of eggcellent stuff to be getting up to this Easter...!
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sun 16th Sep 2018 Moscow State CircusBuy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Wed 31st Oct 2018 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 We're Going on a Bear HuntBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Dinosaur World LiveBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 The Tiger Who Came To TeaBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 TiddlerBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sat 29th Sep 2018 Aliens Love UnderpantsBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Wed 19th Dec 2018 Ice SkatingBuy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 The Scarecrows' WeddingBuy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 Teletubbies LiveBuy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 PAW Patrol Live: The Great Pirate AdventureBuy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Funbox: Once upon a ChristmasBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Peppa PigBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Mon 27th Aug 2018 Dragon SlayerBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Sun 26th Aug 2018 Morgan and West's Utterly Spiffing Spectacular Magic Show Fo...Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Tue 4th Sep 2018 Luna KidsBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 BBC Proms in the ParkHyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 to Sun 11th Nov 2018 My First Day Out With ThomasBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 to Wed 10th Oct 2018 Guess How Much I Love YouBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 to Tue 30th Oct 2018 Madame TussaudsBuy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 to Mon 17th Dec 2018 Stick ManBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 Alice in WonderlandCygnet Theatre (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Wed 19th Dec 2018 The Snow QueenBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Kidtropolis - The UK's Best Kid's EventBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 Children are StinkyThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 to Sun 11th Nov 2018 The Gruffalo's ChildBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Wed 19th Dec 2018 Room on the BroomBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 to Tue 18th Dec 2018 Santa Claus and the Magical Christmas JourneyBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Elf - A Christmas SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Tue 18th Dec 2018 Mr Popper's PenguinsSEC Glasgow / Armadillo / Lomond Auditorium (Glasgow)Buy Tickets