Psst - Want To Learn About Food at the Underground? Fernando Cortez Cooks Up a (Secret) Storm
Feeling hungry but need a bit of inspiration because you don't know your quails from your snails? Tired of burning the bacon BEFORE you take it out of the packet? Do you savour the weekend that it's Food Magazine time in the Observer? How about THIS for a North-West End performance?
Celebrated boutique-chef and all round top food designer Fernando Cortez, begins a series of weekly workshops that will show you all of the secrets and skills the great man has acquired during his long career cooking for the stars. The location is the Underground Kitchen situated 'somewhere in Kilburn'. Book your tickets and the exact co-ordinates are communicated to you and away you go! The restaurant is not a typical walk-in establishment but more of a shrine to exclusive top quality food at reasonable prices as well as a centre of learning excellence. These sessions start on Tuesday 31st March and run through until Tuesday 16th June (check this site for other dates).
The workshops begin on Tuesday 31st March with chocolate and encourages a hands-on learning process on white chocolate, dark chocolate and all of its properties along with ideal accompanying ingredients. Other performances include 'mushrooms', 'sauces', 'presentation and plating up' and 'doughs'.
Prices start at £40 and the sessions start at 7pm - get cooking!
- Tue 31 Mar: Chocolate
- Tue 7 Apr: Vegetables and Knife Skills
- Tue 14 Apr: Doughs
- Mon 20 Apr: Understanding Spherification
- Tue 28 Apr: Sauces and Plating Presentation Part 1 Savoury
- Tue 5 May: Dessert Sauces And Plating Presentation Part 2 Sweet
- Tue 12 May: Salads
- Tue 19 May: Soups
- Tue 26 May: Grains
- Tue 2 Jun: Introduction To Gelees, Espuma Mousses, Hydrocolloids
- Tue 9 Jun: Tarts
- Tue 16 Jun: Desserts 101
You may be interested in
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 and Sun 23rd Sep 2018 The Great British Food FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Erdinger Oktoberfest LondonBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 James MartinBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 to Tue 13th Nov 2018 Nigella LawsonBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 London Restaurant Festival: Ultimate Gastronomic WeekendBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 and Sat 20th Oct 2018 BBC Good Food ShowBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 BBC Good Food Show, Paul HollywoodSEC Glasgow / Armadillo / Lomond Auditorium (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Taste of LondonBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Jay RaynerThe Milton Rooms (Malton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 and Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 to Sun 25th Aug 2019 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets