Psst - Want To Learn About Food at the Underground? Fernando Cortez Cooks Up a (Secret) Storm
Feeling hungry but need a bit of inspiration because you don't know your quails from your snails? Tired of burning the bacon BEFORE you take it out of the packet? Do you savour the weekend that it's Food Magazine time in the Observer? How about THIS for a North-West End performance?
Celebrated boutique-chef and all round top food designer Fernando Cortez, begins a series of weekly workshops that will show you all of the secrets and skills the great man has acquired during his long career cooking for the stars. The location is the Underground Kitchen situated 'somewhere in Kilburn'. Book your tickets and the exact co-ordinates are communicated to you and away you go! The restaurant is not a typical walk-in establishment but more of a shrine to exclusive top quality food at reasonable prices as well as a centre of learning excellence. These sessions start on Tuesday 31st March and run through until Tuesday 16th June (check this site for other dates).
The workshops begin on Tuesday 31st March with chocolate and encourages a hands-on learning process on white chocolate, dark chocolate and all of its properties along with ideal accompanying ingredients. Other performances include 'mushrooms', 'sauces', 'presentation and plating up' and 'doughs'.
Prices start at £40 and the sessions start at 7pm - get cooking!
- Tue 31 Mar: Chocolate
- Tue 7 Apr: Vegetables and Knife Skills
- Tue 14 Apr: Doughs
- Mon 20 Apr: Understanding Spherification
- Tue 28 Apr: Sauces and Plating Presentation Part 1 Savoury
- Tue 5 May: Dessert Sauces And Plating Presentation Part 2 Sweet
- Tue 12 May: Salads
- Tue 19 May: Soups
- Tue 26 May: Grains
- Tue 2 Jun: Introduction To Gelees, Espuma Mousses, Hydrocolloids
- Tue 9 Jun: Tarts
- Tue 16 Jun: Desserts 101
You may be interested in
- Fri 20th Sep 2019 to Sat 30th Nov 2019 Thornbridge ToursBuy Tickets
- Sat 21st Sep 2019 to Sat 14th Dec 2019 The Great British Food FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 21st Sep 2019 to Sat 21st Dec 2019 Brewery TourBuy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 to Sat 19th Oct 2019 Wallsend Beer Festival: Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 29th Sep 2019 to Thu 21st Nov 2019 Jay RaynerBuy Tickets
- Fri 4th Oct 2019 to Sun 6th Oct 2019 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets
- Thu 17th Oct 2019 The Sex Pistols Experience, Beer FestivalWallsend Hall (Tyne and Wear)Buy Tickets
- Mon 21st Oct 2019 to Sat 16th Nov 2019 Nigel Slater's ToastBuy Tickets
- Thu 28th Nov 2019 to Sun 1st Dec 2019 BBC Good Food Show WinterBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Nov 2019 and Sat 30th Nov 2019 Vessel Beer FestivalBuy Tickets