Lillies On Mars releasing the self-titled album 27th April
The self-titled album 'Lilies On Mars' is released April 27th on the label Elsewhere Factory, available via i-tunes and all major download sites.
Lilies on Mars are two girls based in another world.
Their sound has been generated during a trip from one planet to another. A far away scream that needs to be heard. Guitars, bass, synth, dreamy voices and distorted outlet.
Lilies on Mars is the new project of Lisa Dply Masia and Marina Cristofalo.
The two girls met David Lynch in 2007, creating a special tribute show following his conference in Palermo. They went on to collaborate with the Italian experimental artist Franco Battiato on his album "Il Vuoto", touring Europe with him in 2007and 2008, and appearing in his last movie "Niente e' come sembra". In June 2008 they performed at the Heineken Jammin' Festival in Venice in front of seventy thousand people.
Having enjoyed writing and performing Lisa and Marina formed "Lilies on Mars" in June last year, with the intention to continue their research expressing themselves through new sounds.
Between Hackney and Shoreditch, London, where they have been living in the past eight years, in two months they composed, arranged, produced and mixed the album, which has been mastered by Bill Gautier (The Cure, Paul McCartney, Fleet Foxes). They also started the collaboration and the fusion with Elsewhere Factory, an independent cultural association that has supported the project from the very beginning. 'Maory Legend', the first track on the album, is taken from the self titled book of Manlio Sgalambro, a great Italian philosopher, and features the voice of award winning Italian actress Donatella Finocchiaro.
Lilies produced and directed their first video 'Passing By', which is available to watch on their myspace site www.myspace.com/liliesonmars . The single 'My Liver Hurts', also taken from the album, has an accompanying video too - an animation produced by Aurora Canfora and Marco Leombruni from Rome, available to watch on www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5V2tnQYCns . It is due to release March 30th.
'...Lilies on Mars are two rough gems of the avant-garde music scene...' - Rumore, Italy
'...a sound mixed between psychedelic folk and indie pop...Able to make an international sound with interesting experimental roots' - Rolling Stone Magazine, Italy
You are invited to experience the intimacy created by instrument sharing in a martian living room.
You may be interested in
- Tue 14th Aug 2018 to Thu 16th Aug 2018 Ariel PinkBuy Tickets
- Wed 15th Aug 2018 and Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Wesley GonzalezBuy Tickets
- Sun 19th Aug 2018 Phoenix, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Nils Frahm, Jungle, The Lemon...Le Fort De Saint-Pere (France)Buy Tickets
- Tue 28th Aug 2018 and Wed 29th Aug 2018 St. VincentBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 and Sat 6th Oct 2018 PoppyBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 10ccBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 Christine and the QueensBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 The Human League: RedBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 to Fri 7th Dec 2018 The Human League, Midge Ure: RedBuy Tickets