Lillies On Mars releasing the self-titled album 27th April
The self-titled album 'Lilies On Mars' is released April 27th on the label Elsewhere Factory, available via i-tunes and all major download sites.
Lilies on Mars are two girls based in another world.
Their sound has been generated during a trip from one planet to another. A far away scream that needs to be heard. Guitars, bass, synth, dreamy voices and distorted outlet.
Lilies on Mars is the new project of Lisa Dply Masia and Marina Cristofalo.
The two girls met David Lynch in 2007, creating a special tribute show following his conference in Palermo. They went on to collaborate with the Italian experimental artist Franco Battiato on his album "Il Vuoto", touring Europe with him in 2007and 2008, and appearing in his last movie "Niente e' come sembra". In June 2008 they performed at the Heineken Jammin' Festival in Venice in front of seventy thousand people.
Having enjoyed writing and performing Lisa and Marina formed "Lilies on Mars" in June last year, with the intention to continue their research expressing themselves through new sounds.
Between Hackney and Shoreditch, London, where they have been living in the past eight years, in two months they composed, arranged, produced and mixed the album, which has been mastered by Bill Gautier (The Cure, Paul McCartney, Fleet Foxes). They also started the collaboration and the fusion with Elsewhere Factory, an independent cultural association that has supported the project from the very beginning. 'Maory Legend', the first track on the album, is taken from the self titled book of Manlio Sgalambro, a great Italian philosopher, and features the voice of award winning Italian actress Donatella Finocchiaro.
Lilies produced and directed their first video 'Passing By', which is available to watch on their myspace site www.myspace.com/liliesonmars . The single 'My Liver Hurts', also taken from the album, has an accompanying video too - an animation produced by Aurora Canfora and Marco Leombruni from Rome, available to watch on www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5V2tnQYCns . It is due to release March 30th.
'...Lilies on Mars are two rough gems of the avant-garde music scene...' - Rumore, Italy
'...a sound mixed between psychedelic folk and indie pop...Able to make an international sound with interesting experimental roots' - Rolling Stone Magazine, Italy
You are invited to experience the intimacy created by instrument sharing in a martian living room.
You may be interested in
- Wed 19th Jun 2019 to Tue 25th Jun 2019 StereolabBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 to Wed 3rd Jul 2019 The B-52'sBuy Tickets
- Wed 10th Jul 2019 Lytham Festival, The Human League, Heather Small, China Cris...Lytham Green (Lancashire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2019 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, The Human League, ABC, Belind...Audley End (Saffron Walden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 OnBlackheath, Grace Jones, Rag N Bone Man, Ali Campbell, Mor...Blackheath Common (Blackheath)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Jul 2019 The Summer Series, RosalíaSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jul 2019 Let's Rock Liverpool, The Human League, Tony Hadley, Marc Al...Croxteth Country Park (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Aug 2019 to Sat 14th Sep 2019 The Human LeagueBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 BC Camplight, Our Girl, International Teachers of Pop, TVAM,...Headrow House (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 This Must Be the Place: Let's Eat Grandma, Nilüfer Yanya, Self Esteem, Wand, TO...Headrow House (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 The Downs, Lauryn Hill, Grace Jones, Idles, Neneh Cherry, Lo...The Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Sep 2019 Jenny HvalMilton Court - Barbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th Oct 2019 to Thu 24th Oct 2019 Self EsteemBuy Tickets
- Sat 14th Dec 2019 AfterhereThe Haunt (Brighton)Buy Tickets