Flamenco Festival London 2009 starts this weekend (29th March)
This year's annual 'Flamenco Festival London', hosted by Sadler's Wells starts this weekend, with flamenco singer Estrella Morente opening the event on Saturday night.
The event, which runs until 29th March, features 'Carmen' by the renowned Antonio Gades Company, the 'Gala Flamenca' performance of 'Mujeres' - dedicated to the great women of flamenco, featuring Merche Esmeralda, Belen Maya and Rocío Molina, and award-winning guest singer Diana Navarro.
Rocío Molina also performs the UK premiere of her show 'Oro Viejo' on Tuesday 17th March. Eva Yerbabuena performs her 'Ballet Flamenco' between Monday 23rd and Wednesday 15th March. Closing the festival are Spain's top dance company - Ballet Nacional de España - with a brand new show featuring choreography from three of flamenco's brightest talents: Fernando Romero, Ángel Rojas and Carlos Rodríguez (founders of Nuevo Ballet Español), and Antonio Canales.
Tickets are still available, starting at £10, with the exception of the Estrella Morente and the opening night of Antonio Gades' Carmen (Thursday 19th March) - which are no longer available online, but can be purchased by calling the Sadler's Wells box office on 0844 412 4300.
You may be interested in
- Fri 14th Feb 2020 EstopaRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Feb 2020 Tango FireFestival Theatre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Mar 2020 to Sun 5th Apr 2020 Karen Hauer, Gorka MarquezBuy Tickets
- Wed 11th Mar 2020 to Fri 19th Jun 2020 Giovanni PerniceBuy Tickets
- Thu 7th May 2020 to Thu 4th Jun 2020 Strictly Come Dancing: The ProfessionalsBuy Tickets