Flamenco Festival London 2009 starts this weekend (29th March)
This year's annual 'Flamenco Festival London', hosted by Sadler's Wells starts this weekend, with flamenco singer Estrella Morente opening the event on Saturday night.
The event, which runs until 29th March, features 'Carmen' by the renowned Antonio Gades Company, the 'Gala Flamenca' performance of 'Mujeres' - dedicated to the great women of flamenco, featuring Merche Esmeralda, Belen Maya and Rocío Molina, and award-winning guest singer Diana Navarro.
Rocío Molina also performs the UK premiere of her show 'Oro Viejo' on Tuesday 17th March. Eva Yerbabuena performs her 'Ballet Flamenco' between Monday 23rd and Wednesday 15th March. Closing the festival are Spain's top dance company - Ballet Nacional de España - with a brand new show featuring choreography from three of flamenco's brightest talents: Fernando Romero, Ángel Rojas and Carlos Rodríguez (founders of Nuevo Ballet Español), and Antonio Canales.
Tickets are still available, starting at £10, with the exception of the Estrella Morente and the opening night of Antonio Gades' Carmen (Thursday 19th March) - which are no longer available online, but can be purchased by calling the Sadler's Wells box office on 0844 412 4300.
You may be interested in
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Tango FirePeacock Theatre (Covent Garden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Mar 2019 to Tue 19th Mar 2019 Giovanni Pernice: Dance is LifeBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Mar 2019 and Thu 18th Apr 2019 Gipsy KingsBuy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 to Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Strictly Come Dancing: The ProfessionalsBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 Live at Chelsea, Gipsy KingsThe Royal Hospital (Chelsea)Buy Tickets