Supergrass named as first headliners for Wychwood Music Festival 2009
Posted: 29th January 2009
It's nearly February and time for the festival organisers to tempt those eager music-lovers to part with their hard-earned cash before this year's money supply runs out. First off the blocks is the splendid Wychwood Festival that is due to start on Friday 29th May for 3 days at the beautiful Cheltenham racecourse.
Supergrass are the first major headliners confirmed for the Saturday (30th May) and will no doubt flash their power-pop sparklers from their recent and rather good "Diamond Hoo Ha" album as well as favourites from "I Should Coco" and "In It For The Money". It should be very loud and very energetic....and in a splendid location - what more could you want? How about a special appearance from The Wonder Stuff, The Oyster Band and The Beat, the under-rated ska/2tone act who shed "Tears Of A Clown" and exclaimed they were "Too Nice To Talk To" back in the early 1980s. Add BBC 6Music DJ Tom Robinson as a curator and you know that this will be a special weekend of quality, thoughtful music aimed at a laid-back and chilled out audience.
Tickets are on sale now at £110 for the weekend, £35 for the Friday, £50 for the Saturday or £40 for the Sunday.
Stay tuned for further further additions - right here on this site!
- Sat 16th May 2020 Supergrass Doncaster Racecourse (Doncaster) Buy Tickets
- Sun 31st May 2020 Supergrass Dun Laoghaire Pier (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jun 2020 Supergrass Open Air Theatre (Scarborough) Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Jun 2020 Bristol Sounds, Supergrass Canons Marsh Amphitheatre (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Jul 2020 Splendour, Supergrass, james, Belinda Carlisle Wollaton Park/ Hall (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Aug 2020 Supergrass Royal Windsor Racecourse (Windsor) Buy Tickets