Bluebell - Sophie Barker Single Review
When it comes to female singers, in my opinion, they are usually a bit hit-and-miss, more so the 'miss' part. Sophie Barker however makes it safely into the 'hit' category with her latest single 'Bluebell'.
Her lyrics are sentimental but not in a mushy lovey-dovey sense. Her vocals are deep and full of potential and her music has an upbeat jazz style to it making it ooze with charm and likeability. With 2011 already seeing Barker compared to a modern day Joni Mitchell, this young woman has a lot to be living up to with new album 'Seagull'. The B-Sides on 'Bluebell' may not be something to boast about (two extended remixes with Karmelody/ Mad Professor and Joe Ariwa) but she has already achieved the impossible for most new musicians - a decent single.
You may be interested in
- Fri 14th Jun 2013 Groove Armada - DJ SetGoodwood (Chichester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2013 Love Supreme Jazz Festival 2013, Jools Holland and his Rhyth...Glynde Place (Lewes)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Jul 2013 to Fri 26th Jul 2013 Atoms for Peace, Thom Yorke, Nigel GodrichBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jul 2013 The NextmenThe Garage (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2013 Creamfields 2013, Tiësto, David Guetta, Sebastian Ingro...Daresbury Estate (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Oct 2013 to Tue 5th Nov 2013 Martha TilstonBuy Tickets