I Need Something - Newton Faulkner Single Review
A soaring surf/indie/folk vocal lob bears out the deep and searching soul that encompasses the earthy, endearing nature of Paolo Nutini with the escapism touch of Matt Costa. Welcome to Newton Faulkner's world!
Ambient finger clicking and a bluesy acoustic element, draws out the down to earth touch that Faulkner used to good effect in his seventeen track coaster of a debut album, 'Hand Built By Robots'. It is of no surprise that this heartache of a single has been plucked to embolden his profile, as he prepares to complete a sold-out tour of 3,500-ish capacity venues across the country.
Reflection and a tingling nature go hand in hand and then go off in their own direction. It is hard to keep your head above water in the ever growing see of mood-building acoustic driven acts, but Faulkner currently has managed to avoid getting anything above his waist wet.
You may be interested in
- Sat 16th May 2015 Jake Bugg, Reverend and the Makers, Saint Raymond, The EnemyNotts County FC (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd May 2015 Echo and the BunnymenKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd May 2015 Gang of Four, Echo and the BunnymenAcademy [1, 2, 3 and Club Academy] (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jun 2015 to Fri 12th Jun 2015 AshBuy Tickets
- Sat 4th Jul 2015 Calling Festival, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Ryan A...Clapham Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2015 Reading Festival, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, All Time Low, ...Little John's Farm (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2015 The FratellisThe Watering Hole - Perranporth (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Aug 2015 Leeds Festival, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, All Time Low, Pa...Bramham Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Sep 2015 and Sat 26th Sep 2015 LoopalluBuy Tickets