I Need Something - Newton Faulkner Single Review
A soaring surf/indie/folk vocal lob bears out the deep and searching soul that encompasses the earthy, endearing nature of Paolo Nutini with the escapism touch of Matt Costa. Welcome to Newton Faulkner's world!
Ambient finger clicking and a bluesy acoustic element, draws out the down to earth touch that Faulkner used to good effect in his seventeen track coaster of a debut album, 'Hand Built By Robots'. It is of no surprise that this heartache of a single has been plucked to embolden his profile, as he prepares to complete a sold-out tour of 3,500-ish capacity venues across the country.
Reflection and a tingling nature go hand in hand and then go off in their own direction. It is hard to keep your head above water in the ever growing see of mood-building acoustic driven acts, but Faulkner currently has managed to avoid getting anything above his waist wet.
You may be interested in
- Sat 1st Aug 2015 Gentlemen of the Road, Mumford and Sons, Primal Scream, Simi...Dell of Rothiemurchus (Aviemore)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Aug 2015 Magners Summer Nights, Echo and the BunnymenKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Aug 2015 to Sun 22nd Nov 2015 The FratellisBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2015 Reading Festival, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, All Time Low, ...Little John's Farm (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2015 AshWedgewood Rooms/ Edge of the Wedge (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Aug 2015 Leeds Festival, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, All Time Low, Pa...Bramham Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Sep 2015 and Sat 26th Sep 2015 LoopalluBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Oct 2015 and Sat 12th Dec 2015 Echo and the BunnymenBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Oct 2015 Echo and the Bunnymen, Sultans of Ping, The Wedding PresentRock City/ Black Cherry (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Nov 2015 and Sat 7th Nov 2015 McAlmont and Butler, The Magic NumbersBuy Tickets