I Need Something - Newton Faulkner Single Review
A soaring surf/indie/folk vocal lob bears out the deep and searching soul that encompasses the earthy, endearing nature of Paolo Nutini with the escapism touch of Matt Costa. Welcome to Newton Faulkner's world!
Ambient finger clicking and a bluesy acoustic element, draws out the down to earth touch that Faulkner used to good effect in his seventeen track coaster of a debut album, 'Hand Built By Robots'. It is of no surprise that this heartache of a single has been plucked to embolden his profile, as he prepares to complete a sold-out tour of 3,500-ish capacity venues across the country.
Reflection and a tingling nature go hand in hand and then go off in their own direction. It is hard to keep your head above water in the ever growing see of mood-building acoustic driven acts, but Faulkner currently has managed to avoid getting anything above his waist wet.
- Fri 13th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerThe Liquid Rooms (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerO2 Academy 1 & 2 (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerLeadmill (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerMiddlesbrough Town Hall/ The Crypt (Middlesbrough)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerThe Assembly (Leamington Spa)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerThe Factory (Barnstaple)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerOpen (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerThe Old Fire Station (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Nov 2015 and Tue 24th Nov 2015 Newton FaulknerOslo (Hackney)Buy Tickets