Foundations - Kate Nash Single Review
Photo By:Sonny Malhotra
Could you imagine Lily Allen and Lady Sovereign meeting the Bjork of eight years ago, on Celebrity Love Island and bursting into song after musing over the vagaries attached to first dates? Kate flits ruggedly between an almost hip-hop vocal gait and a bland anti-folk one. The songs builds, as Kate tears into fading romantic flame with cutting jibes that would make Simon Cowell seem like a counsellor;
You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.
A lobbing piano-led, spring-time backing plain allows this dark humoured Londoner to stomp over it with cocky prowess. The old school approach of
when I've got something to say; I'll just say it, love!is shamelessly deployed and it doesn't make bad listening at all.
You may be interested in
- Wed 4th Feb 2015 to Fri 27th Feb 2015 The Wave PicturesBuy Tickets
- Thu 5th Feb 2015 to Sat 28th Feb 2015 Slow ClubBuy Tickets
- Sat 28th Feb 2015 Billy BraggAcademy [1, 2, 3 and Club Academy] (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Mar 2015 to Fri 24th Apr 2015 Tom Williams and the BoatBuy Tickets
- Thu 19th Mar 2015 to Tue 24th Mar 2015 Franz NicolayBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Apr 2015 SO:UK: Centrepoint, Loose Ends, Omar, Junior Giscombe [Junior], Ter...Indigo at the O2 (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd May 2015 Eliza CarthyArc (Stockton-on-Tees)Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th May 2015 and Wed 27th May 2015 Tim Eriksen, Eliza CarthyBuy Tickets