Foundations - Kate Nash Single Review
Photo By:Sonny Malhotra
Could you imagine Lily Allen and Lady Sovereign meeting the Bjork of eight years ago, on Celebrity Love Island and bursting into song after musing over the vagaries attached to first dates? Kate flits ruggedly between an almost hip-hop vocal gait and a bland anti-folk one. The songs builds, as Kate tears into fading romantic flame with cutting jibes that would make Simon Cowell seem like a counsellor;
You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.
A lobbing piano-led, spring-time backing plain allows this dark humoured Londoner to stomp over it with cocky prowess. The old school approach of
when I've got something to say; I'll just say it, love!is shamelessly deployed and it doesn't make bad listening at all.
You may be interested in
- Tue 1st Dec 2015 Billy Bragg, Duke SpecialThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Wed 2nd Dec 2015 and Thu 3rd Dec 2015 Billy BraggBuy Tickets
- Wed 13th Jan 2016 Meilyr JonesElectrowerkz (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Feb 2016 to Tue 1st Mar 2016 The Wave PicturesBuy Tickets
- Thu 25th Feb 2016 to Sat 27th Feb 2016 Anderson .PaakBuy Tickets
- Fri 18th Mar 2016 Giggs, Ghetts, D Double E, Ironik, Chip: Grime LiveIndigo at the O2 (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th May 2016 and Fri 10th Jun 2016 Martin Carthy, Eliza CarthyBuy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jul 2016 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Florence and t...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)On SaleFri 4th Decat 9am
- Sun 10th Jul 2016 to Sat 19th Nov 2016 WilcoBuy Tickets