Foundations - Kate Nash Single Review
Photo By:Sonny Malhotra
Could you imagine Lily Allen and Lady Sovereign meeting the Bjork of eight years ago, on Celebrity Love Island and bursting into song after musing over the vagaries attached to first dates? Kate flits ruggedly between an almost hip-hop vocal gait and a bland anti-folk one. The songs builds, as Kate tears into fading romantic flame with cutting jibes that would make Simon Cowell seem like a counsellor;
You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.
A lobbing piano-led, spring-time backing plain allows this dark humoured Londoner to stomp over it with cocky prowess. The old school approach of
when I've got something to say; I'll just say it, love!is shamelessly deployed and it doesn't make bad listening at all.
You may be interested in
- Sun 23rd Nov 2014 An Evening with: Robert WyattQueen Elizabeth Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Dec 2014 to Sat 6th Dec 2014 MetronomyBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Dec 2014 Christmas Jumper Jam: Save the Children, Editors, Tim Burgess and Mark Collins [Ch...Union Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Dec 2014 XFM Winter Wonderland, Ben Howard, Wild Beasts, Hozier, Jimi...Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Dec 2014 XFM Winter Wonderland, Frank Turner, Billy Bragg, The Horror...O2 Academy (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Feb 2015 and Thu 12th Feb 2015 The Wave PicturesBuy Tickets
- Thu 5th Feb 2015 to Sat 28th Feb 2015 Slow ClubBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th May 2015 and Wed 27th May 2015 Tim Eriksen, Eliza CarthyBuy Tickets