Foundations - Kate Nash Single Review
Photo By:Sonny Malhotra
Could you imagine Lily Allen and Lady Sovereign meeting the Bjork of eight years ago, on Celebrity Love Island and bursting into song after musing over the vagaries attached to first dates? Kate flits ruggedly between an almost hip-hop vocal gait and a bland anti-folk one. The songs builds, as Kate tears into fading romantic flame with cutting jibes that would make Simon Cowell seem like a counsellor;
You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.
A lobbing piano-led, spring-time backing plain allows this dark humoured Londoner to stomp over it with cocky prowess. The old school approach of
when I've got something to say; I'll just say it, love!is shamelessly deployed and it doesn't make bad listening at all.
You may be interested in
- Fri 28th Aug 2015 to Fri 30th Oct 2015 The Wave PicturesBuy Tickets
- Sun 6th Sep 2015 and Wed 14th Oct 2015 Eliza CarthyBuy Tickets
- Wed 9th Sep 2015 to Fri 25th Sep 2015 Florence and the MachineBuy Tickets
- Fri 18th Sep 2015 Giggs, Ghetts, D Double E, Ironik, Chip: Grime LiveIndigo at the O2 (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Sep 2015 to Sun 4th Oct 2015 Summer CampBuy Tickets
- Mon 28th Sep 2015 Apple Music Festival, Florence and the MachineRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Oct 2015 Stanley Brinks, The Wave PicturesThe Hare & Hounds 1/2 (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Oct 2015 to Fri 23rd Oct 2015 Hot ChipBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Oct 2015 Hot Chip, LoneladyO2 Academy (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Nov 2015 to Fri 20th Nov 2015 Tom Williams and the BoatBuy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Nov 2015 to Thu 3rd Dec 2015 Billy BraggBuy Tickets
- Tue 1st Dec 2015 Billy Bragg, Duke SpecialThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jun 2016 Martin Carthy, Eliza CarthyGuildhall (Gloucester)Buy Tickets