Foundations - Kate Nash Single Review
Photo By:Sonny Malhotra
Could you imagine Lily Allen and Lady Sovereign meeting the Bjork of eight years ago, on Celebrity Love Island and bursting into song after musing over the vagaries attached to first dates? Kate flits ruggedly between an almost hip-hop vocal gait and a bland anti-folk one. The songs builds, as Kate tears into fading romantic flame with cutting jibes that would make Simon Cowell seem like a counsellor;
You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.
A lobbing piano-led, spring-time backing plain allows this dark humoured Londoner to stomp over it with cocky prowess. The old school approach of
when I've got something to say; I'll just say it, love!is shamelessly deployed and it doesn't make bad listening at all.
You may be interested in
- Wed 24th Sep 2014 to Mon 29th Sep 2014 George WatskyBuy Tickets
- Tue 30th Sep 2014 Bernard Sumner, Dave Haslam, Spoken WordEpstein Theatre (formerly Neptune) (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 12th Oct 2014 John Lydon, Spoken WordDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Tue 14th Oct 2014 to Thu 30th Oct 2014 The Wave PicturesBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Nov 2014 In:Motion, Andy C, D Double E, LoadstarMotion/ The Marble Factory (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Nov 2014 Slow ClubElectric (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Nov 2014 to Sun 16th Nov 2014 Lykke LiBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Nov 2014 and Sun 16th Nov 2014 Damon AlbarnBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Nov 2014 D Double EBirthday's (Dalston)Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Dec 2014 to Sat 6th Dec 2014 MetronomyBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th May 2015 and Wed 27th May 2015 Tim Eriksen, Eliza CarthyBuy Tickets