Foundations - Kate Nash Single Review
Photo By:Sonny Malhotra
Could you imagine Lily Allen and Lady Sovereign meeting the Bjork of eight years ago, on Celebrity Love Island and bursting into song after musing over the vagaries attached to first dates? Kate flits ruggedly between an almost hip-hop vocal gait and a bland anti-folk one. The songs builds, as Kate tears into fading romantic flame with cutting jibes that would make Simon Cowell seem like a counsellor;
You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.
A lobbing piano-led, spring-time backing plain allows this dark humoured Londoner to stomp over it with cocky prowess. The old school approach of
when I've got something to say; I'll just say it, love!is shamelessly deployed and it doesn't make bad listening at all.
You may be interested in
- Thu 6th Aug 2015 to Sun 9th Aug 2015 LakefestBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Aug 2015 Green Man Festival, St. Vincent, Leftfield, Hot Chip, Super ...Glanusk Park (Brecon)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2015 to Fri 30th Oct 2015 The Wave PicturesBuy Tickets
- Wed 9th Sep 2015 to Fri 25th Sep 2015 Florence and the MachineBuy Tickets
- Fri 18th Sep 2015 Giggs, Ghetts, D Double E, Ironik, Chip: Grime LiveIndigo at the O2 (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Sep 2015 to Sun 4th Oct 2015 Summer CampBuy Tickets
- Tue 13th Oct 2015 to Fri 23rd Oct 2015 Hot ChipBuy Tickets
- Wed 14th Oct 2015 Eliza CarthyOpen (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Oct 2015 Hot Chip, LoneladyO2 Academy (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Nov 2015 to Thu 3rd Dec 2015 Billy BraggBuy Tickets
- Tue 1st Dec 2015 Billy Bragg, Duke SpecialThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jun 2016 Martin Carthy, Eliza CarthyGuildhall (Gloucester)Buy Tickets