- The Waterboys
Anglo-Scottish-Irish rock-folk band initially formed in 1982 by Mike Scott, Anto Thistlethwaite, Karl Wallinger and Roddy Lorimer (the last three having now left). Wallinger left to form World Party in 1985, to be replaced by Steve Wickham.
In the early to mid 80s, they were part of a movement created mainly by Scott called 'The Big Music' along with similar acts such as Hothouse Flowers, In Tua Nua and The Alarm. This term also titled an early single and drove the sound of the successful "This Is The Sea" album (and popular single "Whole Of The Moon").
In the late 80s, the band migrated to Ireland and discovered folk, releasing "Fisherman's Blues" and "Room To Roam".
The band returned to its early roots on 1993's "Dream Harder" and 2000's "A Rock In A Weary Land".
In 2010, Mike Scott presented the poetry-music show, "An Appointment With Mr Yeats".
Key Waterboys songs include: "A Girl Called Johnny", "Pagan Place", "Whole Of The Moon", "If Ye Go Away" and "Glastonbury Song".
Events for The Waterboys
- Sun 28th Jul 2013 Cambridge Folk Festival 2013, The Waterboys, Capercaillie, M...Cherry Hinton Hall (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Aug 2013 Wickham Festival 2013, The Waterboys, Lunasa, Shooglenifty, ...A Farm in Wickham (Hampshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Dec 2013 The WaterboysThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)More Info..
- Mon 9th Dec 2013 The WaterboysRoyal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Dec 2013 The WaterboysBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Dec 2013 The WaterboysBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Dec 2013 The WaterboysNew Alexandra Theatre (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Dec 2013 The WaterboysNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Dec 2013 The WaterboysG-Live (Guildford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Dec 2013 The WaterboysColston Hall (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Dec 2013 The WaterboysHammersmith Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Dec 2013 The WaterboysINEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry)Buy Tickets