- Michael Nyman
English minimalist classical composer, pianist, librettist and musicologist Michael Nyman.
He is most famous for his soundtrack work from the '80s and '90s including the Peter Greenaway series, "Drowning By Numbers", "The Draughtsman's Contract" and "The Cook The Thief His Wife and Her Lover", as well as "The Piano", "Gattaca", "Hairdresser's Husband", "Monsieur Hire", "Nine Songs" and "The Claim".
His most familiar operas include "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat" and "Sparkie: Cage and Beyond".
He has occasionally dabbled with pop-music (of sorts), beginning as a floating member of avant-garde post-punk outfit, The Flying Lizards, on the track "Hands 2 Take", as well as a collaboration with David McAlmont entitled "The Glare" in 2009.
- Photo: Francesco Guidicini
Events for Michael Nyman
- Sat 26th Oct 2013 Michael NymanThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th Oct 2013 Michael NymanThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Oct 2013 Michael NymanRoyal Northern College of Music (RNCM) (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Nov 2013 Michael NymanThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Nov 2013 Michael NymanColston Hall (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Nov 2013 Michael NymanBirmingham Town Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets