Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds announce autumn 2013 UK tour dates
Shows will follow festival slots and new album Push the Sky Away, tickets on sale now
There appears to be no stopping Nick Cave at the moment - the singer, songwriter, raconteur, writer and Grinderman has finally announced a bevy of headline shows for Europe which, thank Gawd, includes us in the UK!
He and his glorious Bad Seeds will hit these shores in the autumn with a handful of gigs that will start with two nights at the Hammersmith Apollo on 26th and 27th October, followed by Manchester on the 30th, Glasgow on Halloween and Edinburgh on 1st November.
Tickets on sale now, prices vary from £35 upwards. Demand will no doubt outstrip supply.
Cave's charges have a new album due out next Monday (18th Feb) - entitled "Push the Sky Away" and already heading for many critic's end-of-year lists, this will be the band's fifteenth studio album in thirty years. That anniversary alone is enough for most artists to celebrate with a celebratory tour.
But this is different - The Bad Seeds don't need pomp and ceremony to sell tickets these days, as one quick glance at their tour-schedule reveals. The words 'out' and 'sold' feature quite a lot during their preceding North American schedule (they've had to add more to it), so Europe will no doubt return the same result pretty quickly.
You can expect to hear new material, as well as any combination of tracks from the likes of "Tender Prey", "Let Love In" or their last set, "Dig, Lazurus, Dig!!!".
You may be interested in
- Fri 6th Dec 2013 Rocket from the CryptKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2013 Polly ScattergoodSurya (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd Jan 2014 Mundy, Sharon ShannonVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Jan 2014 Depeche Mode: Delta MachineNEC/ LG Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Feb 2014 Dave FormulaBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Mar 2014 LaibachKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets