The Black Crowes announce 'Lay Down with Number 13' UK tour
Southern rockers to play handful of shows in March 2013, tickets on sale Friday 11th January
Some twenty-odd years ago, The Black Crowes were the band to go to for hard-edged bluesy, Southern-style rock and roll - bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Rolling Stones needed some competition and a fresh take on the genre was required.
Chris Robinson's ballsy collective delivered and the UK warmed to their chart-hugging version of Otis Redding's "Too Hard to Handle" by choosing to buy its parent album, 1990's "Shake Your Money Maker". The follow-ups "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" and "Amorica" fared even better and the band's notch on rock's bedpost has remained ever since. Last year's acoustic "Croweology" surprisingly sold well (being unplugged doesn't often suit hard rock bands - this one did) and now the Robinson's are looking ahead to bigger times in 2013.
The Black Crowes have announced the first leg of a world tour, entitled Lay Down With Number 13, set to run during the spring and summer and have chosen the UK has its launchpad, not only for playing live but also the digital and vinyl issue of the concert document, "Wiser for the Time" (due on Megaforce on 19th March).
Unsurprisingly, the band have chosen large cities for the tour which begins on 24th March in Manchester, before continuing to Birmingham, Glasgow and Kentish Town (for two shows). Tickets for all shows will be available from us at 10:13am on Friday 11th January. That's right - 10:13am.
You may be interested in
- Sun 27th Sep 2015 Rich RobinsonThe Belfast Empire Music Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Sep 2015 Rich RobinsonThe Workman's Club (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th Sep 2015 Rich Robinson, Ben Ottewell [Gomez]Jazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Oct 2015 Rich RobinsonThe Assembly (Leamington Spa)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Oct 2015 Rich RobinsonThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Oct 2015 Rich RobinsonThe Deaf Institute (Manchester)Buy Tickets