The Making of Harry Potter - book now for 2012/2013 studio tour
The sets, props and secrets from the smash-hit Harry Potter films are all on display at Warner Bros huge studios near Watford, tickets available now
The spectre of Voldemort rising amid the smoke and mirrors of the Olympics opening ceremony a week or two back will no doubt have ignited hopes of one Harry Potter emerging to smite his old enemy in the stadium. Alas, Harry was unable to make it and it was left to the muggles to take down the dark wizard.
But Harry Potter is, and will for years to come, be in the hearts and minds of children everywhere. A year after the last film was released and four years after the final chapter of the book series was published, Pottermania seems largely undiminished. And that's hardly surprising given the franchise's unprecedented success. The seven books have sold around half-a-billion copies and eight films have grossed nearly $8 billion worldwide, making creator JK Rowling wealthier than the Queen and creating megastars of Harry and Hermione. And maybe Ron.
If the brand has an enduring sense of permanence then it owes much to a careful marketing and merchandising strategy and doing things like keeping the sets from the films for future generations to enjoy. And that is exactly what Warner Bros have done. Not far from the unassuming destination of Watford Junction sits a treasure trove for Potter fans including the Great Hall, Dumbledore's office, Diagon Alley, Hagrid's Hut and many more iconic settings. Then there's the props including Harry's Nimbus 200 broomstick Hagrid's motorbike and a whole host of behind-the-scenes experiences.
The Making of Harry Potter tour is available to book now until 31st March 2013. The studio tour last three hours and our tickets include a bus pick-up from central London, at Fountain Square (Victoria). Tickets are available now priced £55 for adults and £50 for children, which includes the bus transfer. Departure times from Victoria are 8am, 11am or 2pm - be sure to arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to departure.
You may be interested in
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Mon 22nd Jul 2013 Sealife London AquariumBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Sun 21st Jul 2013 London Dungeon - AdmissionBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Mon 22nd Jul 2013 London Eye - Flight TicketBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Mon 22nd Jul 2013 Madame TussaudsBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Sun 21st Jul 2013 The View from the ShardBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Mon 22nd Jul 2013 British Music ExperienceBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2013 to Sun 21st Jul 2013 Windsor CastleBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2013 to Sun 21st Jul 2013 The Royal Mews - Buckingham PalaceBuy Tickets