Michael Schenker returns with Temple of Rock for UK tour in 2013
Legendary rocker to perform career-spanning shows across the country, tickets on sale now/Wednesday
According to various bios, you can thank one Rudolf Schenker for brother Michael's meteoric rise to rock's hall of fame as one of the world's greatest metal guitarists, certainly one of the most influential and a prolific performer - proof that being in your '50s is merely a statistic and NOT a state of mind or physicality. The muscles and sinews in Schenker's right arm are showing little sign of disintegrating anytime soon, despite using it for things other than riffing on a Gibson V (raising a few too many glasses and the very occasional narcotic diversion, according to legend).
But Schenker has been nothing if not a resolute fighter and has a catalogue that is the envy of many rock hopefuls today. A short stay in Scorpions, a longer tumultuous one in UFO and then his own incarnations that include MSG (Michael Schenker Group and McAuley Schenker Group) plus his own group-less outings, represent something of a rollercoaster ride to some. But the highlights are many and his earlier '70s material and his first few outings as a soloist in the '80s are certainly well worth remembering and then buying. 'Assault Attack' by MSG, 'Lonesome Crow' by Scorpions, 'Force It' by UFO, you decide.
His most recent outing, 'Temple of Rock', marked something of a return to the early days with ex-Scorpions members Francis Bucholz on bass and Herman Rarebell on drums and it's this album and much more that will feature again on Schenker's next live tour, which will soak up some UK venues during its course. He toured under the Temple of Rock banner in 2011/12 yet didn't feature much of the new album, so perhaps you can look forward to different selections and new material, as well as those classics.
April 2013 will see Schenker perform in Stockton on the 9th, followed by the likes of Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Falmouth (all on sale now) plus Newcastle, Bristol and Oxford (on sale Wednesday 25th July). The tour will currently end in Norwich on 21st April 2013. Ticket prices average around £22.50 and a London show may be added in due course.
- Fri 31st May 2013 Michael SchenkerO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2013 Michael Schenker53 Degrees (University of Central Lancashire) (Preston)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jul 2013 Michael SchenkerRobin 2 (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jul 2013 Michael SchenkerThe Plug (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 25th May 2013 to Wed 29th May 2013 Journey, Whitesnake, ThunderBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2013 Download 2013, Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine, Korn, Down...Donington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Jun 2013 Download 2013, Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Mot&oum...Donington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Jun 2013 Download 2013, Rammstein, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Gaslight A...Donington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Jun 2013 to Sun 23rd Jun 2013 Sonic Rock Solstice 2013Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2013 and Thu 18th Jul 2013 X-UFOBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2013 to Sat 31st Aug 2013 Chris SladeBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jul 2013 Maryport Blues Festival 2013, Bernie Marsden, King King, Jo ...Netherhall Rugby Club (Maryport)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Aug 2013 and Tue 20th Aug 2013 Graham BonnetBuy Tickets
- Sat 21st Sep 2013 Stampede, Fundraising EventRobin 2 (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Sep 2013 to Fri 4th Oct 2013 Diamond Head, Uli Jon RothBuy Tickets
- Wed 13th Nov 2013 to Sat 16th Nov 2013 Bernie MarsdenBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Nov 2013 Gerry McAvoy, Ted McKennaRobin 2 (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets