The Mousetrap can't be caught - now booking until December 2013
Agatha Christie's classic whodunit is simply unstoppable, now booking until late next year
As the touring production of The Mousetrap continues to wend its way across the land, bamboozling and beguiling in equal amounts, the longest run in theatrical history continues in the West End.
The Mousetrap opened on 6th October 1952, roughly commensurate with the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and loved just as much. The plot is a classic, definitive, whodunit with a familiar Cluedo set-up - a host of colourful and enigmatic characters holed up in a country house.
Already aware that a murderer is in, or en route to, Monkswell Manor, the ensemble is plunged into crisis when elderly guest Mrs Boyle is murdered. The assembled cast include the hotel's proprietors, a mysterious foreigner, a retired major (of course) and many more genre defining tropes. Then there's Detective Sergeant Trotter, a policemen evidently sent to protect the guests from the murderer, should he or she arrive...
The ending of The Mousetrap is a relatively well-guarded secret, with audiences asked at the end of each performance not to reveal the twist ending. The Mousetrap is West End royalty and, as it marks its Diamond Jubilee in 2012, is now booking until 21st December 2013. There is every possibility that, even after around 25,000 performances to date, The Mousetrap will run forever.
For now, and perhaps always, it runs at the St Martin's Theatre with tickets available priced from as little as £16. The national tour continues in parallel with some tickets available from around £13, rising to £30. It is part of history and remains one of the West End's most popular shows. Just don't give away the ending.
- Thu 20th Jun 2013 to Tue 9th Dec 2014 The MousetrapSt Martin's Theatre (London)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Jun 2013 to Sat 29th Jun 2013 The MousetrapBord Gáis Energy Theatre (formerly Grand Canal Theatre) (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Sep 2013 to Sat 28th Sep 2013 The MousetrapChurchill Theatre (Bromley)Buy Tickets
- Tue 8th Oct 2013 to Sat 12th Oct 2013 The MousetrapNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 14th Oct 2013 to Sat 19th Oct 2013 The MousetrapThe Empire Theatre (Sunderland)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Oct 2013 to Sat 26th Oct 2013 The MousetrapAuditorium (Grimsby)Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Dec 2013 to Sat 7th Dec 2013 The MousetrapAlhambra Theatre (Dunfermline)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Mar 2014 to Sat 22nd Mar 2014 The MousetrapThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets