I Like Trains stay on track with autumn 2012 UK tour
Brooding rockers celebrate new EP and album with October shows, tickets on sale now
Often lumped in with the likes of post-rockers Mogwai, Sigur Ros and, more curiously, Cocteau Twins, the Leeds outfit I Like Trains (or stylistically iLiKETRAiNS) chime their guitars in a pleasing and punishing way without too much in the way of mystery or colourful self-invented linguistics.
Formed 8 years ago as a quintet (now slimmed down to a quartet), ILT have quietly trodden a melodic down-beat path that hasn't taken them to packed stadiums or collaborations with Coldplay, but has earned them some kudos along the way, namely support slots for the likes of Editors and British Sea Power. Puzzlingly, they have reached album number three and still relatively few people have discovered the delights of their powerful debut album issued in 2007, 'Elegies to Lessons Learnt'. Nor did they fall over themselves to grab a copy of the 2010 follow-up 'He Who Saw The Deep'. As a live outfit, I Like Trains are an absorbing listen and make a sweet sonic racket.
Thus the impending prospect of a new album, EP and live tour should stir admirers from their slumber and might, just might, inspire a few stragglers to join the ever-increasing ILT clan. 'The Shallows', that third album, appeared back in April but was supported by just a few shows in the spring (mostly sold out) but with an accompanying new EP 'Beacons' just released, it's time for a proper ear-bruising.
First date on their autumnal jaunt is in Leeds on 13th October, followed by Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester etc until Southampton on 25th. In amongst the feedback and the euphoria is a London show on the 22nd at Cargo in Shoreditch. We have tickets on sale now, priced from £9 - and very likely to sell out (again).
You may be interested in
- Sun 26th May 2013 OsFest 2013, The Enemy, James Arthur, The Pigeon Detectives,...Oswestry Showground (Shropshire)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th May 2013 to Sat 27th Jul 2013 The ComputersBuy Tickets
- Wed 29th May 2013 and Sat 10th Aug 2013 Art BrutBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st May 2013 to Fri 7th Jun 2013 The Chapman FamilyBuy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Jun 2013 Vessels, DeafkidCargo (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Jun 2013 Vessels, Ghosting SeasonBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Jun 2013 Band of Holy JoyThe Railway Tavern (Limehouse)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2013 The Crookes, Boy Jumps Ship, Fossil Collective, Heart-Ships,...The Cockpit (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Mon 1st Jul 2013 The Computers, Bwani JunctionCamden BarFly (London)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2013 to Thu 11th Jul 2013 Goldheart AssemblyBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2013 Cornbury Festival 2013, Keane, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Pr...The Great Tew Park (Oxfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2013 Friends, The Crookes, The Heartbreaks [UK], Dog is Dead, Bro...O2 Academy 1 & 2 (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jul 2013 Super Bock Super Rock 2013, Queens of the Stone Age, Gary Cl...Herdade do Cabeco da Flauta - Meco (Portugal)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Jul 2013 to Thu 1st Aug 2013 AshBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jul 2013 Tim Burgess, Hatcham SocialSt Mary the Virgin Church (Ashford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Jul 2013 Burnout Festival 2013, Arcane Roots, Burn the Fleet, Gnarwol...The Old Fire Station (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Aug 2013 Newmarket Nights, KeaneNewmarket Racecourse (Newmarket)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2013 Live by the Lake 2013, KeaneKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Oct 2013 to Sat 2nd Nov 2013 The Pigeon DetectivesBuy Tickets
- Thu 12th Dec 2013 to Mon 16th Dec 2013 PlaceboBuy Tickets