Somerset House announces another impressive Summer Series for July 2012
The heritage venue in the heart of the capital has done it again with an impressive run of July gigs, featuring Jill Scott, Paloma Faith, The Temper Trap, Tim Minchin, Anna Calvi and many more. Tickets on sale Friday 27th April
Launched in 2001, the Summer Series draws nightly audiences of 3,000 to The Strand to hear the best in contemporary music in truly memorable surroundings. All tickets are exclusive of booking fees and all go on sale at 9am on Friday 27th April.
The Australian musician, songwriter and comedian, who made his UK debut in 2005, continues to bathe in the success of Matilda the Musical, for which he wrote the music and lyrics. Tim opens the 2012 series on 7th July; tickets are £27.50.
It was at the BRIT School that the 21-year-old graduate cultivated her passion for the neo-soul of Jill Scott and Erykah Badu. With a top-selling debut album On A Mission under her belt, Katy was one of the most successful artists of 2011. She plays on 8th July, tickets are £25.
Since the 2000 release of her double Platinum debut album, Who Is Jill Scott?, the triple Grammy winner has cemented a reputation as one of the world's foremost soul divas. She has also written a bestselling poetry compilation. Jill Scott is playing the 9th and 10th July, tickets are £37.50.
The Temper Trap
The synth-pop four-piece from Melbourne made waves with their 2009 debut single Sweet Disposition and the album Conditions, which sold nearly a million copies worldwide. World tours and Brit nomination (for International Breakthrough Act) followed. 11th July, tickets priced £27.50.
The London-born singer states a range of eclectic influences including opera, West African, the blues and flamenco. The result is theatrical, evocative indie pop, each song a personal story of her life, exploring intimacy, passion and loneliness. Anna plays on 12th July, tickets are £25.
In 2007, the Coventry three-piece burst into the charts like a fight breaking out. Their debut album We'll Live And Die in These Towns was a rattling missive of urban stories straight from England's broken heartland. Their third album was 2012's Streets in the Sky. 13th July, tickets £25.
...presents Afrobeats: Choice FM's DJ Abrantee hosts a special night of live music from the Afrobeats scene, including Olu Maintain, Cabo Snoop, Atumpan, May7ven and the most sought-after kids on the block, Vibe Squad. All on 14th July, tickets are £25.
Twenty years and nine albums in, the five-piece continue to enchant audiences with filmic compositions, rich in motifs and melodic storytelling. Their ninth album, The Something Rain, was released in 2012 to universal acclaim. They are appearing on 15th July; tickets £25.
The French electronic artist has been hailed as hugely influential with his albums Saturdays = Youth and Hurry Up, We're Dreaming sending critics into raptures. The celebrated live show fuses technical wizardry with the emotional resonance of the music. M83 says bon soir on 16th July, £25.
Faith's towering vocal and sassy soul-pop has been raising eyebrows since her 2009 debut Do You Want the Truth, or Something Beautiful? Her second album, Fall to Grace, is set for release on 28th May. You can hear the new songs at Somerset House - Westminster on 17th July, tickets are £25.
- Thu 11th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Alex ClareSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Band of HorsesSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Lianne La HavasSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Richard HawleySomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, First Aid KitSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Tue 16th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Of Monsters and MenSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Tom OdellSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Jessie WareSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic ZerosSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, GoldfrappSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2013 The Summer Series 2013, Basement JaxxSomerset House (Westminster)Buy Tickets