Aled Jones reschedules cathedral tour for spring 2013
The Welshman's latest success, as a full-time presenter of ITV's breakfast flagship Daybreak, means his autumn tour of cathedral venues is put back to 2013
A few months back, we wrote about Aled Jones' enduring and, to some, unexpected success in both music and the broadcast media. It seems that despite talking up the man's many talents, even we underestimated him. Since then, it has been announced that Jones will be taking over the Daybreak warm-seat from Adrian Chiles, hoping to boost the show after the Brummie was moved along.
As a result, Aled Jones' schedule will be ruined by his Daybreak commitments and his tour has been bumped back. He is quoted as saying: "I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused to all those who have already bought tickets and made arrangements to attend the October concerts."
Little Aled Jones, as he once was, has been around for ages (and ages) and yet, somehow, is still only 41. The main reason for this of course is that, although he's known to 21st century audiences as a radio and television presenter, he was the original Gifted Child.
In 1982, with Channel 4 itself in its infancy, Raymond Brigg's The Snowman was commissioned for the new network with Walking in the Air as its soundtrack. St Paul's Cathedral choirboy Peter Auty sang on the film but Aled Jones performed the single version. He then popped up on television, in a variety of encouraging jumpers, for the next few years, mostly at Christmas time.
In the next five years or so, he released around 15 albums and enjoyed a lot of success. Hilarious people everywhere joked about what would happen when his voice broke, inadvertently wishing his career away. But Jones had other plans. Album sales of around six million meant that he didn't need to do any shifts at Asda and he went on to study at the Royal Academy of Music, eventually surfacing again in the new century.
With guest choirs, Aled's tour now begins at Durham Cathedral on 6th April 2013 with all dates except Manchester and Sheffield already rescheduled, and a brand new date at Salisbury Cathedral on 20th April. Full refunds are available directly from the ticket vendor.
We have tickets for the new dates available now, priced around £30.
You may be interested in
- Sat 25th May 2013 to Sun 14th Jul 2013 Tubular Bells For TwoBuy Tickets
- Sun 16th Jun 2013 Hampton Court Palace Festival 2013, Russell WatsonHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Jun 2013 London Wonderground, Tubular Bells For TwoLondon Wonderground (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2013 Henley Festival 2013, Madness, Tubular Bells For TwoHenley (Oxfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2013 Deer Shed Festival 2013, The Milk, Gaz Coombes, Tubular Bell...Baldersby Park - Topcliffe (North Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jul 2013 to Thu 12th Dec 2013 Katherine JenkinsBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2013 Penn Festival 2013, Nick Heyward, Space, The Beat, The Block...The Big Park [Penn House] (Buckinghamshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2013 Tatton Park Picnic Concerts 2013, Katherine JenkinsTatton Park (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jul 2013 and Sun 28th Jul 2013 Ennio Morricone, Orchestra Roma SinfoniettaBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Aug 2013 Lytham Proms Festival Weekend 2013, Russell Watson, Jonathan...Lytham Green (Lancashire)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Aug 2013 SpaceTrades Club (Hebden Bridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Aug 2013 Rebellion Festival 2013, The Damned, Buzzcocks, The Exploite...Winter Gardens (Blackpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Aug 2013 Audley End 2013, Katherine JenkinsAudley End (Saffron Walden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 12th Aug 2013 BBC Proms, Laura Marling, Cerys Matthews, The Stranglers, Lo...Royal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Aug 2013 Russell WatsonClumber Park (Worksop)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Sep 2013 and Sun 15th Sep 2013 Andrea BocelliBuy Tickets
- Thu 24th Oct 2013 and Fri 22nd Nov 2013 Cara DillonBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Nov 2013 and Sun 17th Nov 2013 Lang LangBuy Tickets