Ed Sheeran, Blur's Albarn and Coxon and Dry the River to play February Brits War Child Benefit in Shepherd's Bush - on sale Saturday 4th Feb
In previous years, Coldplay, The Killers and Kasabian have all appeared at the pre-BRIT Awards Party event at Shepherd's Bush Empire, raising much-needed funds for the terrific War Child charity. This year, with several existing war-torn nations still waging battles and displacing children in the process, there is even greater emphasis on raising money to enable the charity's own good shepherds to care for their orphaned flock (a very large flock at that).
So when you need fund-raising heavyweights from the music industry, who ya gonna call? Not 118 118 - you call Ed Sheeran, a man capable of bringing down the world's servers during his ticket sales. The BRIT Awards nominee (4 awards) has been chosen to headline the charity bash on 19th February, a few days before the big day on the following Tuesday.
Blur's Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon will team up for a very exclusive and acoustic double-act presentation of Blur and solo works, with future hopefuls Dry the River providing support. More names will be announced in due course - meanwhile tickets will be available for general sale from 9am on Saturday morning. This will be your only chance to see the two together, unless you were lucky to pick up tickets for the BRIT Awards themselves (now sold out).
As a reminder, there are still tickets available for another huge War Child event - Brixton's Academy is hosting a rare UK show by Leftfield, Laurent Garnier and Booka Shade on 21st April. Tickets are still available from £29.50.
You may be interested in
- Fri 24th May 2013 Dot to Dot 2013, Dry the River, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, L...Various Manchester Venues (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2013 Dot to Dot 2013, Dry the River, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, L...Various Bristol Venues (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2013 Dot to Dot 2013, Dry the River, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, L...Various Nottingham Venues (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Jun 2013 Dry the RiverSouth Street Arts Centre (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Jun 2013 Dry the RiverThe Haunt (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Jun 2013 Dry the RiverThe Hare & Hounds 1/2 (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th Jun 2013 Glastonbury 2013, Mumford and Sons, Nick Cave and the Bad Se...Worthy Farm (Somerset)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2013 Truck Festival 2013, Dry the RiverHill Farm - Steventon (Oxfordshire)Buy Tickets