Band of Skulls announce spring 2012 UK/ Ireland tour - tickets on sale Friday 7th October
If Band of Skulls' breakthrough was something of a delayed response, then it was worth the wait. The Southampton trio released their debut record 'Baby Darling Doll Face Honey' in April 2009 but it wasn't until the following spring that the record charted and Band of Skulls began to make their mark.
It seems not even the band realised what they were on to and a track which had been cut from the album, 'Friends', was picked up for the soundtrack for 'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' in late 2009. As the public awoke to the Band of Skulls' brand of atmospheric echo-heavy seventies-influenced rock, so the trio themselves caught up and issued the 'Friends EP' in March 2010.
It is now nearly two years since the singles from 'Baby Darling Doll Face Honey' introduced another crop of music fans to the influence of Page, Plant, Jagger, Richards et al. A swaggering, bass-heavy clarion call of two guitars and drums topped with an American accent and lightning strike guitar solos, the Band of Skulls' sound soon earned them slots supporting The Dead Weather and Muse and baited an audience which is now hungry for more.
The tour will follow the release of 'The Devil Takes Care of His Own', the first single from their eagerly anticipated second album, which is due for release on Monday 4th December 2011.
Band of Skulls' 14-date 2012 UK tour begins in Darlington on 17th February, followed by gigs in Leeds, Stoke, Glasgow, Inverness, Belfast, Dublin Oxford, Exeter and more before the final date in Brighton on 5th March 2012.
We will have tickets for all gigs when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 7th October, priced around £15 for the UK shows and €16.50 for Dublin.
The forthcoming autumn date at London's Heaven on 20th October 2011 sold out very quickly when tickets went on sale back in July. Resale tickets for that show are available and it is also likely that the spring dates will also be in high demand, so don't hang about.
- Thu 30th Oct 2014 Band of SkullsThe Limelight 1/2 (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenHoults Yard/ Think Tank (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenThe Liquid Rooms (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenLeadmill (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenO2 Academy 1 & 2 (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenThe Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenO2 Academy (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenGuildHall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenO2 Academy (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenLemon Grove (Exeter University) (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Nov 2014 Band of Skulls, Bo NingenEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets