Adam Ant on the march again - November/ December 2011 UK tour on sale now
In the late seventies and early eighties, Stuart Goddard created a post-punk New Wave persona for himself as Adam Ant. Pretty in his mascara and face paint, his military jackets and leather trousers became a weekly Thursday evening visitor to living rooms up and down the nation via Top of the Pops (RIP).
As Adam & the Ants, hit singles 'Stand & Deliver' and 'Prince Charming' made No 1, followed by his first solo single, 'Goody Two Shoes' (also a chart-topper). The albums 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' and 'Prince Charming' both went platinum in the UK and his releases performed well in the US, earning him a high profile there that led to TV and movie work.
Adam Ant's distinctive style and status as something of a sex symbol brought him considerable fame as a musician and sometime actor but Stuart Goddard was not faring as well, privately struggling with the bipolar disorder he'd been diagnosed with when just 21.
After the starburst of fame, and perhaps inevitably, came something of a darker period for Adam Ant. Into the nineties, battling his mental health demons and, after long periods of ill health and medication, considerable weight gain (and loss), hair loss (and regrowth), Adam Ant was reborn.
Into the noughties, with his remarkable life documented in his autobiography, 'Stand & Deliver', Ant regrouped and began recording new material and touring with verve. The renaissance continues apace with Ant announcing the second leg of his 2011 UK tour.
The tour kicks off with Adam Ant and his band, The Good, The Mad & The Lovely Posse, playing Bristol Academy on 11th November, then Bournemouth, Tunbridge Wells, Nottingham, Leeds, Edinburgh and others, before the final show in Newcastle on 13th December.
We have tickets available now for a number of the dates (more to come), generally priced £22.50.
Ahead of the tour, Adam Ant plays two shows in Fulham at Under the Bridge on 5th and 6th August (£30) and the West Dean Festival 2011 in Sussex, headlining on Saturday 27th August (£40 for an adult day ticket).
- Wed 8th Apr 2015 Adam AntConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 9th Apr 2015 Adam AntEngine Rooms [formerly Mo Club] (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Apr 2015 Adam AntMotion/ The Marble Factory (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Apr 2015 Adam AntSub89 [Sub 89] (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Thu 16th Apr 2015 Adam AntLittle Civic/ Slade Rooms (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 17th Apr 2015 Adam AntAcademy [1, 2, 3 and Club Academy] (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Apr 2015 Adam AntEast Village Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Apr 2015 Adam AntWaterfront (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Apr 2015 Adam Ant: Dirk Wears White SoxBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Apr 2015 Adam AntThe Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Apr 2015 Adam AntThe Copper Rooms - Warwick Student's Union (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Apr 2015 Adam AntRoadmender (Northampton)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 13th Mar 2015 to Fri 27th Mar 2015 MorrisseyBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Mar 2015 and Fri 17th Apr 2015 Ultimate PowerBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Mar 2015 The Irrepressibles, Little Annie: NudeIslington Assembly Hall [Town Hall] (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Mar 2015 No Jacket RequiredThe Brook (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 17th Apr 2015 to Fri 18th Sep 2015 The Monochrome SetBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jun 2015 to Mon 22nd Jun 2015 The Moody BluesBuy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2015 to Tue 30th Jun 2015 Tony Visconti, Glenn Gregory: The Man Who Sold the WorldBuy Tickets
- Tue 6th Oct 2015 to Sat 31st Oct 2015 Steve HackettBuy Tickets