BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park set to party all night long with Lionel Richie and Jools Holland, September 2011
London's Hyde Park will once again bring BBC Radio 2 and the great British listening public together for a sensational, star-studded all-day show at the end of the summer.
11th September will see award-winning, multi-platinum selling and distinctive singer Lionel Richie headline the 'festival in a day', with the always-entertaining and affable Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra in support and his recent tour-guests, soul-singer Ruby Turner and '60s pop-icon, Sandie Shaw.
Richie's last appearance in London was at the Capital FM Summertime Ball back in 2009 and the diminutive former Commodores crooner hasn't toured the UK for well over two years - you get the impression, therefore, that demand for this exclusive show might just be a little bit high.
He will perform his familiar hits such as "Hello", "All Night Long" and "Dancing on the Ceiling", although we'd pay double-money to see him try that in the middle of a city park! Lionel will be accompanied by The BBC Concert Orchestra, making this a truly classy occasion.
Tickets for the event are on sale now, priced at £32.50 which, when you break it down, is good value for the quality performers on display. Richie's last tour dates cost £75 on average - so, trust us, it's a bargain! There are also excellent picnic options costing £60 which does not include admission - you still need a general admission ticket. Our tickets link will take you to all of the options available.
Jools Holland's show is always great entertainment and his calendar is already jam-packed with other UK dates for the rest of the year and his guests, Ruby Turner and Sandie Shaw have a considerable catalogue between them. The former has been at the forefront of Brit-soul since the '80s, mostly with accomplished albums such as her hit collection, "The Motown Songbook". Shaw has represented the UK in Eurovision, collaborated with The Smiths and scored several Top 10 hits in the '60s, including "Long Live Love", "Always Something To Remind Me" and "Puppet On A String" (the Eurovision track!).
Although some of the show will be broadcast on BBC Radio 2, there will be nothing quite like being there for this amazing occasion! Click on the Buy Tickets button to join the throng!
You may be interested in
- Fri 13th Dec 2013 Jools Holland and His Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Melanie CBournemouth International Centre/ Windsor Hall/ Solent Hall ... (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Dec 2013 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Melanie CBrighton Centre (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Dec 2013 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Melanie CMotorpoint Arena [Formerly CIA] (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Dec 2013 Jools Holland and His Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Melanie CPlymouth Pavilions (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Dec 2013 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Melanie CGuildhall (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Dec 2013 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Melanie CTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Feb 2014 Ruby TurnerHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd May 2014 Ruby TurnerCitadel Arts Centre (St. Helens)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st May 2014 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraCivic Hall (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd May 2014 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraSpa/ Ocean Room (Scarborough)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th May 2014 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraAlban Arena (St. Albans)Buy Tickets