BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park set to party all night long with Lionel Richie and Jools Holland, September 2011
London's Hyde Park will once again bring BBC Radio 2 and the great British listening public together for a sensational, star-studded all-day show at the end of the summer.
11th September will see award-winning, multi-platinum selling and distinctive singer Lionel Richie headline the 'festival in a day', with the always-entertaining and affable Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra in support and his recent tour-guests, soul-singer Ruby Turner and '60s pop-icon, Sandie Shaw.
Richie's last appearance in London was at the Capital FM Summertime Ball back in 2009 and the diminutive former Commodores crooner hasn't toured the UK for well over two years - you get the impression, therefore, that demand for this exclusive show might just be a little bit high.
He will perform his familiar hits such as "Hello", "All Night Long" and "Dancing on the Ceiling", although we'd pay double-money to see him try that in the middle of a city park! Lionel will be accompanied by The BBC Concert Orchestra, making this a truly classy occasion.
Tickets for the event are on sale now, priced at £32.50 which, when you break it down, is good value for the quality performers on display. Richie's last tour dates cost £75 on average - so, trust us, it's a bargain! There are also excellent picnic options costing £60 which does not include admission - you still need a general admission ticket. Our tickets link will take you to all of the options available.
Jools Holland's show is always great entertainment and his calendar is already jam-packed with other UK dates for the rest of the year and his guests, Ruby Turner and Sandie Shaw have a considerable catalogue between them. The former has been at the forefront of Brit-soul since the '80s, mostly with accomplished albums such as her hit collection, "The Motown Songbook". Shaw has represented the UK in Eurovision, collaborated with The Smiths and scored several Top 10 hits in the '60s, including "Long Live Love", "Always Something To Remind Me" and "Puppet On A String" (the Eurovision track!).
Although some of the show will be broadcast on BBC Radio 2, there will be nothing quite like being there for this amazing occasion! Click on the Buy Tickets button to join the throng!
You may be interested in
- Fri 20th Feb 2015 Ruby TurnerHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Feb 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Mar 2015 and Tue 31st Mar 2015 Lionel RichieThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongFirst Direct Arena (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongThe Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongMetro Radio Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Mar 2015 Lionel RichieOdyssey Arena (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night Long3arena (formerly The O2) (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongEcho Arena/ The Auditorium (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongBarclaycard Arena [NIA] (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Mar 2015 Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night LongCapital FM Arena (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Mar 2015 Ruby TurnerCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Mar 2015 Ruby TurnerArc (Stockton-on-Tees)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Apr 2015 Ruby TurnerThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 13th May 2015 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraCity Hall (Salisbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jul 2015 Kew the Music, Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchest...Kew Gardens (London)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Jul 2015 Lionel RichieEdinburgh Castle (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Oct 2015 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBord Gáis Energy Theatre (formerly Grand Canal Theatre) (Dublin)Buy Tickets