The Pigeon Detectives announce November 2011 UK tour - tickets on sale Friday 8th July
Five or so years ago, as the Kaiser Chiefs and, most dramatically, the Arctic Monkeys, were drawing attention to Yorkshire's burgeoning indie scene, another band were dutifully bringing up the rear.
Formed in 2006, The Pigeon Detectives released their debut album, 'Wait For Me', in 2007. It was an immediate radio hit, chocked full as it was with disposable indie gold. Hit after hit followed; 'I Found Out', 'Take Her Back', 'Romantic Type' and 'I'm Not Sorry' all made the top 20 and the debut LP peaked at No 3. Boom.
Instantly hummable, every Pigeon Detectives track had a chorus you'd learned by the end of the second verse and, before long, their gigs earned a reputation as raucous, fun indie sing-alongs. The second LP, 'Emergency', picked up exactly where the last left off.
At Radio 1's Big Weekend in Maidstone in 2008, lead singer Matt Bowman was so caught up in the excitement of it all that one of his trademark leaps from the drum kit ended with a serious leg injury. He gamely tried to run it off before being taken to hospital and cancelling subsequent dates.
It had happened as the Pigeon Detectives were airing fresh material, specifically the new album's title track 'Emergency'. Some things you can't make up.
After taking some time out, the band's third album, 'Up, Guards And At 'Em!' was released in March. Following a successful spring tour and an August holiday weekend date at the Leeds and Reading festivals (playing the main stage), the Pigeon Detectives will be taking the new record on the road again in the autumn.
The tour starts on 6th November in Newcastle, visiting Preston, Manchester, Sheffield, Lincoln, Birmingham, and London's Electric Ballroom, among others, before a hometown gig at Leeds Academy on 24th November.
Two Scotland dates follow, in Edinburgh and Dundee (25th and 26th). Tickets for all shows go on sale on Friday 8th July at 9AM, priced from £15.
- Thu 18th Dec 2014 The Pigeon DetectivesKu Bar (Stockton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Dec 2014 The Pigeon Detectives, MarsicansThe Wardrobe (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Dec 2014 The Pigeon DetectivesWarehouse 23 (Wakefield)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 28th Nov 2014 Pulled Apart By HorsesHeaven (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Dec 2014 VesselsThe Lexington (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Dec 2014 Drill : Brighton, Swans, Wire, Gold Panda, Young Fathers, Zu...Various Brighton Venues (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Dec 2014 The Sunshine UndergroundThe Exchange (Hanley)Buy Tickets