The Pigeon Detectives announce November 2011 UK tour - tickets on sale Friday 8th July
Five or so years ago, as the Kaiser Chiefs and, most dramatically, the Arctic Monkeys, were drawing attention to Yorkshire's burgeoning indie scene, another band were dutifully bringing up the rear.
Formed in 2006, The Pigeon Detectives released their debut album, 'Wait For Me', in 2007. It was an immediate radio hit, chocked full as it was with disposable indie gold. Hit after hit followed; 'I Found Out', 'Take Her Back', 'Romantic Type' and 'I'm Not Sorry' all made the top 20 and the debut LP peaked at No 3. Boom.
Instantly hummable, every Pigeon Detectives track had a chorus you'd learned by the end of the second verse and, before long, their gigs earned a reputation as raucous, fun indie sing-alongs. The second LP, 'Emergency', picked up exactly where the last left off.
At Radio 1's Big Weekend in Maidstone in 2008, lead singer Matt Bowman was so caught up in the excitement of it all that one of his trademark leaps from the drum kit ended with a serious leg injury. He gamely tried to run it off before being taken to hospital and cancelling subsequent dates.
It had happened as the Pigeon Detectives were airing fresh material, specifically the new album's title track 'Emergency'. Some things you can't make up.
After taking some time out, the band's third album, 'Up, Guards And At 'Em!' was released in March. Following a successful spring tour and an August holiday weekend date at the Leeds and Reading festivals (playing the main stage), the Pigeon Detectives will be taking the new record on the road again in the autumn.
The tour starts on 6th November in Newcastle, visiting Preston, Manchester, Sheffield, Lincoln, Birmingham, and London's Electric Ballroom, among others, before a hometown gig at Leeds Academy on 24th November.
Two Scotland dates follow, in Edinburgh and Dundee (25th and 26th). Tickets for all shows go on sale on Friday 8th July at 9AM, priced from £15.
You may also be interested in
- Thu 27th Mar 2014 VesselsBelgrave Music Hall (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Mar 2014 Club NME, Bear HandsKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th Apr 2014 to Mon 9th Jun 2014 Howling BellsBuy Tickets
- Mon 7th Apr 2014 to Sun 20th Apr 2014 Sophie Ellis-BextorBuy Tickets
- Wed 16th Apr 2014 to Sat 17th May 2014 Public Service Broadcasting: The War Room - Museums At NightBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th Apr 2014 Public Service Broadcasting, Stockton Calling 2014The Georgian Theatre/ Green Room (Stockton-on-Tees)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Apr 2014 Beans On ToastClwb Ifor Bach (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Apr 2014 to Sat 3rd May 2014 Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Itch, Sarah Williams WhiteBuy Tickets
- Thu 24th Apr 2014 to Tue 13th May 2014 Pulled Apart By Horses, The WytchesBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th Apr 2014 to Thu 15th May 2014 Pulled Apart By HorsesBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd May 2014 Seasick SteveRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd May 2014 The Sunshine UndergroundThe Classic Grand (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jun 2014 Dizzee RascalThe Eden Project (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Jul 2014 Cornbury Festival, Hudson Taylor, The Feeling, Suzanne Vega,...The Great Tew Park (Oxfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Mon 21st Jul 2014 Eden Sessions, Dizzee RascalThe Eden Project (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Aug 2014 Victorious Festival, Seasick Steve, Shed Seven, Naughty Boy,...Southsea Seafront (Southsea)Buy Tickets