Ireland's Electric Picnic 2010 is all charged-up for Massive Attack, Roxy Music, LCD Soundsystem, The National and more
Just when you thought that the festival season couldn't take any more announcements, here comes another top-quality line-up in Ireland. Electric Picnic 2010 is set in the grounds of the 600-acre Stradbally Hall Estate in County Laois (about 40 miles south-west of Dublin off the M7), this 3-day festival has certainly set its stall out with the line-up and ticketing arrangement.
There is one ticket option available and that is a Weekend Camping Ticket for €240 per adult. Each adult can take up to 2 children each (under-12s only) and a Campervan ticket is also available for €60 on top. The weekend takes place from 3rd - 5th September and tickets are available now.
So what do you get for your money? The times of the performances will be finalised just a few days before the weekend begins, but confirmed acts so far include (deep breath) Massive Attack, Roxy Music, LCD Soundsystem, Leftfield, The National, PiL, Hot Chip, The Waterboys (very rare appearance from Mike Scott and co), Mumford and Sons, Brendan Perry (Dead Can Dance), Gil Scott-Heron, Bad Lieutenant, Jonsi, The Horrors, Eels, Steve Earle, Bonobo and that is just for starters. Of interest a little further down the running-order is Radiohead's Phil Selway, NYC-funksters Liquid Liquid and proto-electro-crunk act Dam Funk.
That is quite a line-up! Other facilities include the usual stalls, bars and food-stops, as well as plenty of arty attractions across the site (TBA).
You may also be interested in
- Mon 2nd Feb 2015 The WaterboysWarwick Arts Centre (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Feb 2015 The WaterboysRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Oct 2015 The WaterboysKnocknarea Arena (Sligo)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Oct 2015 The WaterboysUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Oct 2015 The WaterboysSeapoint Leisure Centre (Galway)Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Nov 2015 to Sat 7th Nov 2015 The WaterboysVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Nov 2015 The WaterboysMusic Hall (Aberdeen)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Nov 2015 The WaterboysRoyal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Nov 2015 The WaterboysBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Nov 2015 The WaterboysBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Nov 2015 The WaterboysGuildhall (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Nov 2015 The WaterboysPlymouth Pavilions (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Nov 2015 The WaterboysDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Nov 2015 The WaterboysThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Nov 2015 The WaterboysThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Nov 2015 The WaterboysEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Nov 2015 The WaterboysCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Nov 2015 The WaterboysSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Nov 2015 The WaterboysThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Nov 2015 The WaterboysDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Nov 2015 The WaterboysVenue Cymru - Theatre/ Arena/ Conference Centre (Llandudno)Buy Tickets
- Mon 30th Nov 2015 The WaterboysSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 1st Dec 2015 The WaterboysG-Live (Guildford)Buy Tickets
- Thu 3rd Dec 2015 The WaterboysColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Dec 2015 The WaterboysCliffs Pavilion (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th Dec 2015 The WaterboysColosseum (Watford)Buy Tickets